Abusing fx

Just wanted to share - having very interesting results setting the reverb size to 1 and cranking up the send level on several tracks, then playing with the pre-delay setting which creates a specific kind of smudged 1-time echo. If you setup several tracks with max reverb send and then play with the pre-delay time you will get different rhythmic variations for the whole pattern, something like a rhythmic generator. It has very interesting tone as well.

A whole another dimension is to run the the delay into the reverb and maybe modulate delay send on a track using an envelope settings for the lfo. Total weirdness - a simple 4x4 “house” pattern becomes a crazy organic push-pull rubber kind of beat.

I hope I explain it well, too lazy to record videos now.

Do you have some crazy tricks for the fx? Some secret lfo setting for the send levels?

14 Likes

Oh neat, haven‘t thought of doing that with the reverb!

Could use Midi Loop Back sending to the FX midi channel and p-lock/lfo it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i posted somewhere, … on the delay page , send everything to the reverb.
but turn the delay down so you only hear it from reverb.
so when you assign something to the delay, it’ll get weird.

or

on pattern 1 setup the delay to short delay
copy everything to pattern 2
change the delay to longer times.

when you switch patterns you’ll get those ‘classic’ weird time delay settings.

1 Like

Set delay time fairly high like 48,turn up the feedback well above 100 (how far depends on hp/lp settings) until it starts self oscillating slightly. Now press the delay time encoder end set it to then fastest setting quickly. Wait about a second and you’ll hear the self oscillation get loud very quickly. Before it gets out of hand, quickly press and turn the delay time encoder so delay time goes back to a slow level.

Tapey weirdness will enter you brain :slight_smile:

Be careful though. Keep a hand lose to the delay level and Lower it to compensate for the feedback.

2 Likes

And put time to maximum value to get a noisy loop synchronized to your pattern!

3 Likes