Ableton with OB 2.0.39 VST plugin not found issues

DT OS 1.30 / OB 2.0.39.10 / Windows
Standalone works OK. I have serious issues in Ableton Live 10.1.14

When opening projects with digitone, this error appears:
VST2 “Digitone”: The VST2 plug-in could not be found
…even if, Digitone is there on the list of available plug-ins.

I can not open old projects properly! What a bummer!

This clearly isn’t a bug in the OS, the overbridge section is where the post belongs and will be moved to :thup:

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

1 Like

I submitted a support ticket for this and got the below response from Elektron this morning. I’ll hold out hope that they find a solution, this is unfortunate…

“The issue is due to inevitable changes that had to be made to the Digitone plugin for this update. Unfortunately, it broke backward compatibility for DAW projects and we’re investigating possible solutions. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience and I hope we can find a solution soon.”

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks! Good to know. I was about to waste another 2 hours installing and deinstalling things.
BTW. That seems like a serious issue.

2 Likes

For me digitone plugin became digitakt on my old projects…
Not ideal.

1 Like

So this looks like a some sort of mixup with VST names/IDs rather than “inevitable changes that had to be made”. Should be easily fixable.

Old and new VSTs are not compatible. So beware and do not create projects using the new VST plugin. When things are sorted out, the project will probably not open and you will lose your work (settings).
I saved a test project created with OB2.0.39 and DN1.30 and rolled back to OB2.0.37 DN1.21 and that project does not open correctly displaying the “plugin not found” error.

1 Like

yup looks like something odd is at play : weird part is that the “vst switch” is a fix in the release notes…
I guess the work around is to save out all projects with the old vst on the DN then update.
That way you could re-sync OB with the device.
A bit painful but at least work is not lost

to save out all projects with the old vst on the DN

I don’t know what you mean. I have all old projects saved with the old vst and after update they don’t open. The plugin just disappears (see this in the bottom left corner of my screenshot) and I can not resync.

I meant reverting back to before the update. Both OB and DN save all your work on the device. Then update and recreate the sync…
It’s a pain but then all projects should be accessible in theory

Got the same problem here, Ableton cannot find the Digitone plugin. It’s pretty fundamental to open old projects, did anyone find a solution?

Nope. Elektron support mailed me and told me they are aware of the issue. I think they are working on it. For now I rolled back to the previous version to avoid this issue (I work mostly in DAW and have several projects/ideas made with the old plugin).

1 Like