Ableton Pattern Change Sync

Hi,

I’m digging and digging but not finding a solution. Sorry if this is covered somewhere. I read a few related posted, did what was suggested still not working.

I’m trying to set up my Model Cycles so that when I change scenes in session mode in Ableton it triggers a new pattern on the M:C.

On the M:C my PCH In is ON and I set it to set it to channel 16 with the MIDI In Ch. I set up a midi external instrument in Ableton with Midi to Ch. 16.

I’m using my MIDI In, not USB.

On Ableton Sync is on. I changed the out click type to pattern.

It’s not working. I’m losing my mind.

Is it even possible to sync a scene change with a pattern change on the M:C? What am I missing? I’m ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. I read the Manuel. Did what is says on page 43.

Please help. Thanks in advance

Under MIDI in settings, is ‘Inp From’ set to allow input appropriately (din midi, USB midi, or both) ?

Did you read this part in Ableton?

You’re trying to send program changes from Ableton, to change a patter in M:C via triggering a Clip, right? You would remove looping option unless you really want it to keep triggering the same pattern selection

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-Sending-Program-Change-messages-from-Live

I’m new to integrating hardware with Ableton and THIS just saved my Brian from exploding. THANK YOU!

Dunno how I missed this part. But it’s working now and this was the last piece of the puzzle I needed to sort out to start building my live sets. :+1::pray::+1::pray:

1 Like