Ableton Live 11

Thanks for the tip. So when is black friday? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think its the last weekend in November. Google it to be sure.

1 Like

Okay, does someone know what they usually offer on black friday?

I went back through my emails and they offered me 25% off upgrading from Live 9 around Black Friday 2019. Also, itā€™s worth noting that this was for upgrading Suite.

However, Iā€™m not sure theyā€™ll do the same this year when theyā€™re already offering 20% off and a free upgrade to Live 11 when itā€™s released.

4 Likes

Oups ! My bad I was wrong. Please delete my post :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for taking your time craig! I really appreciate it! Yeah 5% more is not much so it seems that this is a good offer.

1 Like

Really?! Source?

Edit: nvm

I was wrong, Iā€™m sorry :pray:

1 Like

No worries bud, weā€™re all human.

1 Like

Disappointing to have to fork out again so soon. Some great features but I remember 9.5 being a pretty feature-packed free upgrade so having no 10.5 this time around is disappointing. Wasnā€™t even a 10.2ā€¦ Just forked out on a Typhon so will have to wait for an upgrade sale next year.

3 Likes

I would write Ableton explaining your situation, they are usually very fair regarding upgrade and recent purchases.

1 Like

But then only a year later live 12 will drop :joy:

If theyā€™ve fixed the crashes with OB when using more than 3 devices, Iā€™m in.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I guess they figured people would pay it - people seem quite excited about the release on the whole. Bitwig charge 159 EUR a year for their upgrade plan so I guess maybe they thought there was room to have paid upgrades more regualrlyā€¦

Macro variations look very cool. If we could interpolate between macro variations, Ableton would finally start reaching Octatrack territory :smile:

2 Likes

Could that be achievable in Max?

I really dig the ā€œLaneā€ recording. Canā€™t believe it had not been done yet, as itā€™s something Reaper was doing (although maybe with a less elegant UI).

I also like the ā€œOP-1 tombolaā€ like device ^^

Might be time for me to get a second hand Push 2ā€¦

Velocity probability is a good oneā€¦

These have me way more interested than last iterations!

5 Likes

Big Live fan here, was quietly anticipating a nice fat 10.5 release like we got with 9 but I guess this will have to do. Iā€™m a big fan of a lot of the upgrades, especially MPE and probability. I was sending MIDI from my A4 into Ableton to bring trig probability into a wider environment so Iā€™m glad to see them make that leap.

Curious to see that two of the proposed M4L devices look like they ā€œinspiredā€ by other popular VSTs. ā€œEmitā€ looks a lot like Izotopeā€™s IRIS 2 and ā€œTree Toneā€ like Sonic Chargeā€™s Synplant. Itā€™s a interesting direction and while Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll sound different I cant help but think itā€™s a curious choice from them.

1 Like

Upgrade purchased! Excited for the new workflow features. Exactly what I was wishing for. Probability, comping, advanced follow actions, scales in clips, etc. Very nice. Wish there were a couple new instruments, but honestly, I donā€™t even know what else is needed. Maybe something like an all-in-one drum synth instrument, as opposed to the max4live individual ones?

Would love to see some additional devices in the Push family perhaps. Smaller Push? A mixer with solid faders, 3-4 knobs for sends, and a cross-fader?

5 Likes

Contact them, they gave me a free upgrade when that happened with Live 9 to 10

2 Likes