Ableton Live 10 set templates for Overbridge...drag n' drop

Somehow multitrack is not working for A4, has there something changed in OB or Ableton 11?
Only FX comes out.

You rule for doing this!!! I downloaded the files but when i go to the library it has the files greyed out. How do i fix this??
macbook
running A4 and Digitakt

Hi MH!

Just to confirm, you’re not able to drag and drop the templates from your ableton user library into the current project?

I do not own my Elektron gear anymore so the help I can provide will be limited, unfortunately.

I’ll try my best to assist, however

Hi Chargr ,

This may sound like a silly thing to ask, but is the routing within the A4 setup properly ? (I think I mention this in the instructions… but it’s been some time since I last looked at them myself…but I think
my past self talks about the audio routing on the synth …If the audio routing isn’t the issue, then I’m unfortunately unable to provide more assistance as I no longer have my Elektron gear anymore, sadly… (lockdown years were tough)

Perhaps someone else from the thread who had success can assist!

Best of luck!

Hello all, these templates are great. Yet I have questions …

Can anyone tell me if the FX track in ableton is the FX only? It seems to be the total mix from the A4 of all tracks and FX.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to have the two external input tracks as two seperate mono audio tracks in Ableton?

thanks if you can share!

1 Like

Hi Plasmo!

I designed the templates to have fx only channels along with the dry, for more advanced processing…

Double check your routing in the A4 and maKe sure the fx are not sent to master.

Again, I no longer have my A4, so I cannot troubleshoot alongside you and assist further, apologies. Hopefully someone earlier in this thread who has had success using the templates can assist you :slight_smile:

Chargr above seems to have the opposite issue, getting fx only. Perhaps you two can assist each other…

Hello RAFH, thank you for your kind response. You are right on … I checked the routing and got the FX track in Live to receive the wet-only FX output. I am learning this all as I go … so support like yours is really appreciated.
Curiously I can find not routing configuration that allows me to mute the wet FX on the A4II itself … the FX button is with the other track mutes, yet it does not mute the FX … Not a real problem, just does not make sense to me.

Anyway thank you again

jonathan

Hi Plasmo, great, happy to know I’ve assisted you in some way!

As for your question regarding the FX mute, I’m going to take a guess you’re referring to the FX button on the right side of the A4, below the TRACK buttons?

If I remember correctly, this track does not mute the FX , like muting TRACK 1-4 does. The FX tracks behavior is different. I recommend diving into the manual regarding that topic.

I agree it can be confusing, that’s just how elektron gear can be at sometimes :slight_smile:

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

1 Like