A4MKII - Sound lock hiding note parameters

If every owner will Open a ticket…they might repriotize

1 Like

Fair enough; I’m typing as we speak. -thumbs up-

Edit: The deed has been done.

1 Like

Even a simple quickfix where a press on “no” would hide the soundlock panel everytime it pops would be better than nothing.

Edit: I just upped my 1st of december support ticket…

1 Like

Same here, for different reasons. I bet A4MKII is the most unused and dust collector synth ever.

1 Like

No wonder the price dropped, which makes the decision to sell it even harder to take (would lose more than 400€ in the process…)

What are your reasons?

Wow, it starts to happen for me also. I use it for 3-4 month and didn’t see it, but from today it appears often…
:hushed:

What about Multi Map for soundlocks ?

Multi-map isn’t part of my workflow. I like to experiment with soundlocks per step, sometimes using upwards of 40 sounds on a single track. I mix and tweak until I get a crazy pattern going and then sample it into the OT.

1 Like

I thought Multi Map could be a workaround before update but even recording soundlocks with it, Soundpool menu is shown…(tried on MKI)

Oh yeah, and that too. On top of everything that this machine (didn’t) gave me it dropped in price so significantly, making it worst thing I bought in my life ever.

My reasons are no Overbrdige, which means I can’t access my older projects from mk1 and that it cannot be used alongside HEAT whatsoever, only through some workarounds.

Workaround for this, workaround for that… This whole company should change the name to “Workaround”.

I like workarounds, Overbridge is another story, but this is a stupid bug that shouldn’t last that long.
I guess the best workaround for now is MKI…

=> So at least they confirmed that the issue had been addressed and that the fix will be shipped with the next firmware.

I hope the wait won’t be much longer!

5 Likes

Considering the severity of the bug I find this statement pretty vague (it’s in line with what I was told a few weeks ago in my own support ticket). Also, I remember the posting of screenshots from the support section being frowned upon in a different context a while ago.

I found this thread while looking for a solution. Quite suprised that this is a known bug. Sound locks are so powerful on this machine. But good to know that this is not my fault. Looking forward to a fix and playing with all the other features in the meantime.

This has now been fixed with OS 1.35

Bug fixes:
“[MKII] The SOUND LOCKING menu covered parameters on the left side of thescreen.”

4 Likes

See, i was right. Stay calm and relaxed and they will deliver, asap. Thank you Elektrons,

happy this got fixed I didn’t even consider it a bug I just thought that’s the way it is & adjusted it covered up lol

Yes! I am really happy, too, that this got fixed. Such a great feature! Sound lock + p-lock: I love it.

This has been bugging me and I can’t find the solution. When I use a sound lock to pull in another sound from the sound pool, and then hold the sound locked trig button in order to apply parameter locks to that trig, the sound browser pops up on the left half of the screen and hides some of the parameters. Can this be avoided? Is there a way to dismiss the sound browser in this scenario?

IMG_0295

update to OS 1.35

from: https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Analog-Four_MKII_OS1.35_readme.pdf

BUG FIXES:

[MKII] The SOUND LOCKING menu covered parameters on the¬left side of the¬screen.

2 Likes