A4MKII - Sound lock hiding note parameters

Bump.

This needs fixed.
I’m opening a ticket% =/

Simon answered to my ticket that they are already working on it.

1 Like

Oh, I also opened a ticket for this ^^ Same message - they are working on it.

1 Like

Yep i can confirm they are working on it (same msg from Elektron) So at least its going to be fixed someday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

does anyone know when the bug will be fixed? Sound-Lock is very important to me, did not know that the Mk2 did not work. Everything worked fine with the Mk1. I would have just kept my Mk1. The bug is already known for over 6 months, why is not fixed, especially since there was already an update.

Greetings Timo

We have no timeframe, sorry. I wish the Elektron dev team was a little more transparent, giving some roadmaps and milestones and iteration schedule and dates, but I don’t think anyone here knows.

I just refresh Elektronauts everyday. It’s the main reason of my presence here. They have found a great way to keep a community active… :rofl:

Im not sure if this is how they are supposed to work but I have set up a traxk on the A4 mk2 with different sounds playing on each trig (I sequenced a drum pattern). When I go to edit the parameter of the bass drum (on trigs 1&9), but when I hold down the trig half of the parameters are lost on the page by the “Track Sound” menu. Am I doing something wrong? It makes it so I cant see what I am tweaking which is just stupid… How do I get rid of that Track Sound menu?

That submenu should disappear if you keep holding down the sequencer step (it takes about two seconds). Just confirmed it on both the Digitakt and Digitone, but not the A4 MKii. If that doesn’t work now then it should very soon, as they will likely update the firmware shortly.

Fun Fact: This issue wasn’t present on the MKi’s as the screen was smaller so the firmware treated the screen dimensions differently.

1 Like

additional fun fact: Elektron doesn’t seem to consider this very serious compared to other stuff they’re working on. That in a nutshell is the response I got on my ticket for this bug. It’s a sentiment I strongly disagree with, but they don’t seem to care much.

1 Like

It’s so f*cking annoying! Everytime I start using my A4 again, I bump into this issue again, I’m bummed, I put the A4 on a shelf again.

How am I supposed to precisely tweak the values hidden behind that sound-lock menu is beyond me. Currently collecting funds for a Prophet Rev 2 and I think the A4 will disappear in the process.

1 Like

Yep, just got an A4MKII and this is the one thing that is driving me crazy. I was sure I was doing something wrong until I read this thread.

1 Like

I opened a ticket last week. Super annoying bug, really takes the fun out of using the A4 a bit.
They are still working on it, no ETA, was the reply.
The advice I got was: ‘the only workaround is not using sound locks’ . :nerd_face:

Sometimes I really wonder what the Elektron Dev Department is thinking. 6 Months have already passed and there is still no fix for this quite simple bug available.

And this advice from support about not using one of the most important features on the A4 (because it has only 4 tracks) is like a slap into the face …

8 Likes

For what it is worth, this sounds more like a statement of fact than “advice.”

They aren’t saying that you shouldn’t use sound locks. They are saying that the only way to avoid this issue is not to use sound locks. There is a difference.

Its an unfortunate situation, surely.

1 Like

Potayto/potahto, if you ask me. I asked for a workaround, the answer was: do not use it.

1 Like

Just opened the ticket for my problem and seeing the responses they are giving lately, I am not hoping for much. They became a joke honestly, premium prices for slow updates and responses like: well, what can you do…

This is really bothering me TBO.
I dont mind waiting for OB but this is a serious limitation that make me regret selling my MK1.
Hope they can provide a fix before Overbridge otherwise im not sure im gonna keep the mk2.

1 Like

Same here, I thought a quick fix addressing just that issue would come much faster…

Have to say, I’m glad we didn’t take bets on if this would be resolved by now. :roll_eyes:

I basically don’t use mine at all because my composing style relies almost 100% on soundlocks. There’s just no way I can use it. It looks great on my shelf though. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes