A4ii cv lfo

Hello there … was just trying out one of the CV tracks for the first time couple of days ago, using it’s LFO to modulate the filter input on the TD-3 Bassline … I am not sure but the CV LFO appears to only operate free-running, regardless of if it is set to TRIG or HOLD … and certainly no phase start control was working

Has anyone else found this? Am I doing something wrong? Please share wisdom … :slight_smile:

On the regular td-3 I think the filter in is an audio input.

Are there trigs on an unmuted track (the one selected as the trig source)?

Yes I believe it is, but at LFO frequencies it functions also as filter CV.

I am not sure I understand the question! Sorry, I am a slow learner. The TD-3 is sequenced from one of the regular tracks (3) audio into an external input to use the FX. The CV track is doing nothing but sending the LFO. I think.

How do you intend to trigger/reset the LFO then, it needs triggers. ?

The CV track is where the CV track LFO will look for its trigs to reset LFO. You can set the source of CV gating to be a different track, but I am not sure if it will use the ‘donor’ track as it’s cue to reset. Might be possible with that config, but definitely possible with CV

Use the CV pitch and gate on one pair of outs and you still have two sources on the other two outs, one for filter via value Lin… if that LFO is on same track as gates it’s going to be simple. You could also midi sequence from that CV track

1 Like

Doh!
I did actually figure this out after I sent that reply.

As I said, I am finding my way from first principles here, I did not think of the CV as a track … still not sure how I would use a CV track. I was just after the LFO.

I do have trigs on the A4 which I was imagining would retrig the LFO but did not make the link that the sequence is elsewhere, on the midi synth track.

Back to the manual again …

1 Like

Hello, back again … I am still not clear how TRIG would trigger on a CV track LFO … the manual is clear it functions as on the regular tracks, triggering from a note on the sequencer:

from the manual:
APPENDIX C: CV TRACK PARAMETERS

MOD (LFO1 Trig Mode) sets how the LFO1 will react when a note is played. There are five settings:

• FRE is the default free-running mode. The LFO run continuously, never restarting or stopping.
  • TRG makes LFO1 restart when a note is played.

…But what note? What note is retriggering the LFO?

OK I think I found it in the manual … the LFO TRIG source must be specified:

CV (TRIG)

SRC (Source Track) sets the track to use for sending trig signals. The CV track, FX track and synth tracks 1-4 can be used as a source.

1 Like