A4 with ms20mini - seq doesnt works

please can somebody show me step by step / cable by cable how to connect for sequence ms20 mini in the analog four ? thanks you. I have 2 insert cables ready . Please some pictures or detailed explanation . im noob in this ! sorry for disturb

This is my configuration in the ms20 mini :
these 2 cables (red and black) goes to 1 stereo jack connected in the cvAB on Analog four

is something wrong ?

In the Analog four : i have this in the cv channel : cv A = gate and cv B = hz/v

i suppose im doing something wrong. But can somebody help me ? thanks

is that cable splitting ring and tip?
it has to…

Is an Y cable . One tip stereo jack and other 2 splits cables tip are mono each one (red and black in the picture)

Can you glean anything from the connections in this video:

Cenk’s setup may be slightly different then yours but worthwhile as a starting point.

Cheers,
Chad

i have see that video 2000 times but in that video there is a fucking stick covering the area i want to see of the ms20 mini (the right part where the cables are connected and can´t see which connections are) . Shit . bytheway Thanks for your answer

you don’t have the right cable.
as I said, you need to split the TRS into tip and ring.

i use this: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000068O54?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

thanks a lot man , i will buy a pair of them .
Do you thing this cable could works ? :
I dont use amazon , i use ebay , what do you think about this one :

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Hosa-STP-202-1-4-TRS-to-Dual-1-4-TS-Insert-Cable-6-6-Mixing-Board-Patch-/261660303118?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item3cec2b5f0e

i have 2 jack-mini jack adapters (for ms20 mini)

if you have the adapters you need that cable will work :slight_smile:

by the looks of it, your cable isn’t made to split the ring and tip, so that’s why it isn’t working. If you want to think about it in a stereo field, you can think that L is signal A and R is signal B, and the proper cable will pull apart L and R (or A and B) into individual outputs.

Someone else want to confirm before he buys that cable? Dont want him wasting money if his current Y-cable IS ok :slight_smile:

Thanks brother. Finally i purchased the cables you said me. Now i need 2 jack to minijack cables / adapters to connect in ms20 mini jack inputs. Hehe really complicated and lot of money wasted but all worth the effort for sequencing ! Thanks man . I will talk again here you when i get that cables

I hope I’m wrong, given you have just purchased some new adapters/cables, but I thought any stereo splitter would be fine?
Isn’t the standard TRS jack configuration Tip > left signal, ring > right signal, sleeve > ground?

I’m not sure, that’s why I bolded that text :stuck_out_tongue: I had some cheapo Y-splitter and it didnt work either. I dont know if all Y’s split tip and ring…

Hey Sixto,

Let us know how it goes once you get the new cables. I’d be really interested to hear more demos on the ms-20 mini pairing with A4.

:joy:

okey chad. Will be the next week i suppose. see you have a nice 2015

i received the cable biologik recommended and still with problems. But this time some things works . I can “play” the note in the little analog four keyboard but that note is the same note / the same pitch / tone. ( NO PITCH !!) . Why i have no pitch ? . Now The sequencer recorder works … i record some trigs and it works ( i hear note , the same note ) but no pitch / no tone . This is my CVA configuration in Analog four :

TYPE Pitch Hz/v

note 1 c4 ( I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ,. WHAT I SUPPOSE TO PUT
HERE ??)

VOLTAGE 1 0.000 v ( DONT UNDERSTAND A SHIT , wtf i suppose
to put here ??!?!)

NOTE 2 : c#0 ( what da hell is this second note , a samsung note 2? XDDDD

voltage : 0.000 v ( no idea what to put here)

PLEASE HELP !

From the readme in the last OS update (they haven’t added this to the manual yet).

“CV Pitch Config
The way pitch CV output is configured has been changed to be easier and more precise. This manifests in new options in the CV CONFIG menu for the TYPE settings PITCH V/OCT and PITCH HZ/V.
CV pitch is now configured by finding the voltages generating two different notes from the synthesizer you wish to control. To get a good result you should select the notes two or three octaves apart Before configuring the pitch output you should setup a gate output so that notes can be triggered on the
receiving end. You should also set up the gate and pitch parameters so that they use the same source track for triggering notes. Then select NOTE 1, it could for example be C-3. Then highlight VOLTAGE 1 and press [YES/SAVE].
This will trigger a C 3 note which is played for as long as you hold down the key. While keeping [YES/SAVE] pressed, adjust the voltage until the controlled synthesizer actually plays the note C 3 using [LEFT]/[RIGHT] keys or the A encoder. If you don’t have a tuning device, the easiest way is to play the corresponding note on one of the Analog Four’s internal tracks and tune by ear. Repeat the process for NOTE 2 and VOLTAGE 2, but choose for instance C 5 or C 6. Finally play some random notes to see if they are in tune. If not, then you probably need to change from V/OCT to HZ/V or vice versa. That’s all.”

If it helps as a guide, this is how mine is set - whether you set these as CV a, b, c or d doesnt matter, as long as you link up the cables to the right places on the ms20

Note Pitch:- link this to VCO 1+2 CV in on the ms20
pitch hz/v

Note 1 - c2
voltage - approx 0.5v (mine is 0.504v but each ms20 will be different)

Note 2 - c4
voltage - approx 2v (mine is 2.009v, again yours will be different slightly).

I tuned this in my DAW using guitar rig 5. If you dont have access to a tuner or software, let me know and ill explain how to tune it best using an a4 synth track as a guide tone.

Trig:- link to trig in on ms20

s-trig
3.0v

other 2 cv’s are set to
Value Lin
-5v
5v

But these can vary depending on what is used for (-5 to 5 is for the filters and freq mod, but for instance the vca init gain looks for 0v-5v so keep an eye out for what you need for the patch).

BTW bit off topic but if any ms20 owners havent seen it, you may find this epically useful:

1 Like

SOLVED !! . thanks all for your help . Finally i did it !!! and i upload a video showing my configuration / setup . Very hard work for my to get my goal : sequence my ms20 mini with my analog four. I spent like 2 weeks searching information and thanks to you guys i did it. Keep in touch , thanks!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :+1:!!!

Hey you tried sequencing other controls using the other two cv outs yet? Sooo much fun!