I’m a late bloomer with Elektron. Just got my first A4 after years of the DT/DN experience.
My impressions shortly on the 1st day:
- The performance macros are the biggest mind-blowing advantage of the A4 (I guess also on the Rytm?)
- The modulation possibilities are insane.
- Separate fully functioning FX track is amazing, and it’s raising a simple question: wth did they try to do with the not-properly-functioning FX track on the Syntakt?
- Feedback, AM, modulation on fx tracks are a great ballpark for experimental sound design.
- I would have preferred more oscillator possibilities.
- I still have to find a way to work with the 2 filters. It’s a new idea for me.
- FX sound great. Why is the OT so badly left behind with that?
Obviously I still have to try a million more things to have a proper opinion but that’s it for now.