A4 "through" RYTM midi out question

I’m trying to control a synth using midi from the A4 - but through the RYTM. My setup now is A4 synced with RYTM using midi out from the A4 to midi in on the RYTM. And I want to connect a synth after the RYTM which is to receive midi from the A4 (A4 midi out > RYTM midi through > Synth midi in). I have chosen midi channel 16 from the A4 (and set the synth to the same). Any ideas as to why these aren’t connecting?

AR midi Thru mirrors what comes in midi in.
Theorically not AR’s problem, but you can make tests with A4 midi out directly in Synth midi in first.

Did you activated midi send in A4 Note Setup ?

1 Like

Yes, I did activate midi send in A4 Note Setup. I’m thinking maybe there’s something in the ARs midi setup that I haven’t configured correctly…?

I forgot that but the midi Thru can be set as Din Sync. In that case you have to set it to midi.

As I wrote, I’d make a test with A4 + synth only first.

2 Likes

And you have to check all Global midi parameters too. If your not sure, you can list them here…

1 Like

Did as you suggested and now everything is working. It turned out to be a stupid user error; not having the CV-track on the same midi channel as the synth. :woozy_face:

2 Likes