A4 Sequencer inaudible

Hey guys,

I just got my A4 recently and so far I was getting along with it quite nicely though just scratching the surface I guess. However, today I wanted to take a look at the sequencer. I read through the manual and watched some tutorials on youtube. Unfortunately I can’t hear anything the sequencer is playing.
I select a track and play some notes on the keyboard which works fine. Then I press the record button and trigger some notes so that the selected note LEDs are bright red. I press the record button again and press play now an LED is moving along the sequencer notes but I can’t hear anything.

Sorry to bother you with this noobish question but what am I doing wrong here?

Cheers Simon

Are you trying to enter notes by realtime recording or by the step approach

Realtime = Rec+Play simultaneously (flashing record LED)
Step = Rec (steady LED)

2 different techniques

Are your tracks muted (unlit when track is not focussed)

Presumably the preset patterns are working

1 Like

It’s just a guess, but if playback from the sequencer is inaudible, while keyboard playing is audible, the track might be muted.

From the manual, page 28:

Mute tracks by pressing [FUNCTION] + the [TRACK] key of the track you want to mute. Only the note trigs of the sequencer are muted, meaning it is still possible to play a muted track manually using the [KEYBOARD] keys. When changing patterns, the same track mutes will be present in the next pattern as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies. I will check tomorrow when I am home and report back.
From what I remember I was entering notes in step mode (steady rec LED).
The LED of the selected track was yellow if I remember right (I just checked in the manual and this seems to be the muted mode…). so I hope changing this will fix it :slight_smile:

Yep. The tracks were muted. Now it’s working fine!
Thanks a lot for your help!

2 Likes