A4 Polyphonic

Hi all,

I have an issue with my A4, it is not possible to play polyphonic with 4 voices on a track, not via the internal keyboard on the device and even with my external master keyboard.
The A4 only plays one voice when I play a chord.

In the Polyphonic setting I activate 4 voices.
The A4 is connected via overbridge to my macbook.

Could anybody be so nice and give me a hint to solve this issue?

It could be in unison mode? If unison is selected in the poly settings then it will sill be monophonic with 4 stacked voices.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it

this is not the reason, in the polyphonic it is set to allocation “reset”.
The strange thing is when Track 2 is active and I play with the mini keyboard, the synth alway play track 2 and even the track 1 sound.

Besides this it is impossible to play a chord for example on track 1 or another track.

Hey CompNutation,
I figure it out, it was necessary to activate all 4 voices.
I thought it is enough to activate only the 4.
Foolish but it is understood now.

With my external master keyboard it works now like a charm.

But the other issue when I play the mini keyboard is still there.
Again, I activate Track 2 (light up red) and when I play I hear the voice from track 2 and also from track 1.

3 Likes

Found now a solution, it is necessary to set in the midi settings / midi config the keyboard destination to “INT”.
Now it works correct with the internal mini keyboard and my external master keyboard.

Great, thank you for your answer.

I love the electron machines, have also the AR mk2 besides the A4 mk2, but it is sometimes hard specially for a newbie with the complex settings diving and possibilities on this devices, so many settings and possibilities. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Another question to this topic, how is it possible to program a chord in the sequencer?
When I play a chord on the mini keyboard and press after that in record mode the step 1, the A4 only play one single note and not the chord.

I guess there is a solution?
Would be great if somebody could be so nice and help me to come the next step forward on this machine. :pray:

Hah yeah that’s true. The complexity is what I loved as it gives you lots of freedom to experiment in many ways, In the poly settings the ‘use track sounds’ can yield some interesting results, especially with allocation set to rotate and playing staccato chords over.

In live record mode it should record all notes as you play or in step mode if you hold a trig and press the chord it should also.
If you are using an external keyboard, you need to set ‘live rec on track’ - last option in the midi settings, port config menu, found in global settings.

2 Likes

Oh YES BABY, great evening.
Could handled and solved all my old problems on this incredible machine today.
I will dig in deeper tomorrow when I will try to use the A4 in an new track.

Thanks again CompNutation, great and super fast help as always here in this great Elektron user space.
May the music be with you. :pray:

2 Likes