A4 Perf Knobs driving other Elektron Gear

Is there any way to control for example Digitakt parameters using the performance knobs on the A4. If yes, how to set it up?

If I’m wrong then someone can chime in, but the performance knobs don’t send Midi out to the assigned parameters they’re modulating, so nothing would happen even if you had it set to send CC messages for knob changes or something like that.

The one thing you could do is route audio into the A4 from one of your other devices and use the performance knobs to control the level and effects sends of that incoming audio, as well as your send effects settings.

You could also run the audio through one of the tracks and have that input as your oscillator sound source and run that through that track’s filters, envelopes, etc., and then control that tracks parameters with the performance controls to give you a little bit more control.

Otherwise I don’t think there’s anything else to do. I know the Digitone has “macros” for Velocity, Aftertouch, Breath Control, and other controller input types, but I don’t know if the Digitakt does. That would be the first place I’d look though.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

The Analog Four’s knobs can transmit MIDI Control Change (or NRPN) messages, but the message numbers are preset (see Appendix D in the manual) and don’t necessarily correspond to the parameters that you might want to control on the Digitakt.

You could use an intermediate MIDI processing device to change the messages that are sent to the Digitakt.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers.
Yes, I can confirm that, I’ve just checked using website midi tester. The knobs sends CC as follows:
kA - CC#3
kB - CC#4
kC - CC#8
kD - CC#9
kE - CC#11
kF - CC#64
kG - CC#65
kH - CC#66
kI - CC#67
kJ - CC#68

And the track level sends CC#95

I need to consider using the BomeBox in that case :slight_smile: