Man…
I had an A4…sold it…
Like many gear of the past, I only realized the beauty of that piece of gear…sell it…then only NOW does my mind boggle and I crave…
A4 $829usd available now…A4mk2…$1400 available ‘September’.
Talk me into saving $$$ NOW and sniping an original A4…
I’m craving that awesome effects section and the sheer powerful essence of that beast, especially to pair with you Digitakt…
BTW: I’ll be controlling (partly) my SUB37 with either A4. That being said, I don’t necessarily need the new oscillator design…plenty of growl and bite with my Moog.
A4 MKII should sound a bit different than the original A4 (that is one of their selling points), also the new screen is larger and colors are different (nice OLED). If I were you I would wait for the new MKII due to the warranty and all these nice features. In the long run the MKII would be a better choice, in the short run the original A4 would be a better choice.
I mulled over this same question and decided to go with the MKI version. As I had no prior experience with it, I decided - for me - the better option was to save cash now, see if the A4 has staying power for me and then consider an upgrade a year or so down the road. Made the same decision with the purchase of an Octatrack.