A4 mk2 hearing lfo modulation even with deep set to 0

If im not wrong, the problem started after sequencing it via midi, but not sure if that has to do something with the problem. Now even if I powerback it still keeps happening.

How to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

double tapping stop might help you there

Hi!

I have double tapped stop in the A4 as well and the lfo is still going on. Even though the deep amount is 0 it keeps affecting track 2. I have to put the destination to none, but of course that does not fix the problem because I will completely loose that lfo which i don’t want.

Thanks!

to ensure it IS 0 you may need to use Fn to snap

Yea hitting stop once will stop the sequence, but won’t stop many other parameters (although they will ‘reset’ when you hit play).

Like if you have an infinite length note it will keep sounding, for example.

Yes, I did make sure that it was snapped to 0. Using fn and the knob.

Ah ok this is a free LFO right? I think that’s how they work. They start running the first time the sequencer is turned on but they won’t reset during the session, it’s truly free.

I have also experienced this with the A4, could be as @avantronica is describing, however I think I’ve seen it on fresh patches. i.e. if I assign an LFO to pitch it immediately changes the pitch slightly, even before applying an amount.

Never noticed a properly zeroed depth affecting a destination parameter. 0s on the ogs take a knack to reach (the dot is the clue iirc)

Plus there are other things which may link into the depths such as performance macros etr etc

Well is a free lfo when I start the session but, then I also tried to change it to the differents trig modes, and it doesn’t resets.

The weird thing is that it’s only happening on track 2. the other 3 tracks doesn’t have this problem.

I’m trying this with a new patch, 0 performances macros or anything complicated, it’s happening even with a new project. @avantronica

Hm maybe I’m not totally understanding, but the other modes all interact with trigs in some way. I guess if it’s a slow speed it might finish its cycle but otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to trigger. Edit: Although actually some of that is about holding and resetting, so maybe not.

As it’s only happening on one track are you sure there isn’t some MIDI interaction somewhere? Sounds a bit like something is triggering it maybe.

FRE is the default free-running mode. The LFO
run continuously, never restarting or stopping.
TRG makes LFO1 restart when a note is played.
HLD makes LFO1 run free in the background, but
when a note is played the output LFO1 level is
latched and held still until the next note is played.
ONE The LFO1 starts when a note is trigged,
then runs to the end of the waveform and then
stops. This makes the LFO function similar to an
envelope.
HLF The LFO1 starts when a note is trigged, then
runs to the middle of the waveform and then
stops.

1 Like

Yeah, it is quite weird. Super sure that there is no MIDI interaction, even disconnected the MIDI cable.

And also there is no triggers in the A4 sequencer, since I was doing was sequencing it via MIDI from Ableton and is also weird that even with 0 deep it keeps affecting the destination.

No macros involved, its happening with a new project. The weird thing is that, leaving like it is, and turning it off and on again the lfo will stop and everything gets back no normal.

sounds weird and buggy, might be time to report it

i thought for some reason this was mk1 above

please describe every step from a new project to replicate and i’ll try (it’ll add weight if it’s reported confirmed)

I have tried many times today, and it seems like the problem it’s even without any midi interaction, even though it started to happen when I sequenced it from Ableton.

Seems like lfo1 from track 2 it’s always affecting the track even with deep in 0.

That’s the problem :frowning:

Now even with a few times of turning it off and on.

do you have any P-Locks on the LFO?

Hi, I have nothing, it’s a completely new project.

1 Like

The other topic you bumped about this has a clue, right where you posted

are you running an up to date firmware, you may wish to look through the logs attached to a firmware download to see if this is listed as addressed since 2018

1 Like