A4 librarian?

Had my A4 for a while thought it was time to organise The presets.
Is there an easier way to do this with an editor?
Overbridge doesn’t really help and can’t preview or move presets.

On the A4 if you move presets to different banks it leaves gaps
and can’t seem to be able to just move them around.
I’m moving them to another bank to get them to fill the gaps it’s a long process.
Is there easier ways of doing this? Cheers Dan

5 Likes

I would like to know this as well.

1 Like

Following.

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

I’m still struggling with this…

I hope they can add more functionality to overbridge
: preview, move, rename and tag presets

it’s so much work to organise the presets!

2 Likes

Yup, Elektron preset/kit/pattern management is a chore.

3 Likes

I spent 2 days to reorganise and retag the presets, it was a ton of work, but I got a lot better working with presets in the process at least

3 Likes

Having just bought my A4, one of the first things I did was upload a bunch of sound packs. Then I deleted them all and spent some time organizing them (putting all the bass packs together on one bank, all the drums in another, etc…). I wish Overbridge did this, but I had an easier time doing it on the machine manually vs trying to figure out whatever OB was suppose to be doing.

I also learned pretty quickly to save my patches, fast, and tag them appropriately. I just wish I could add tags…

2 Likes

The A4 desperately needs a better preset manager considering how many banks of them it has. The only solution I’ve found to get rid of the ‘gaps’ in banks where you’ve moved or deleted patches is to export your sounds as sysex, wipe them from the a4, then send them back. It’s a strange method to have to employ for such a simple task on a modern preset synth. I wish there was a way to see duplicate patches as well as my AK seems to have a lot of them.

4 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

A lot of the presets from the sound packs are untagged, which is maddening.

What I am doing right now is to first identify the sounds I like.

I navigate the library and play with sounds from Novation SL (so that I have all the expression and filter controls at hand) and write down the numbers of sounds I like on a piece of paper.

I go through a few dozens of sounds in an evening session.

When I am done with a whole bank I batch tag selected sounds as favorite from the sound manager.

Th next step would be to get rid of non-favorite sounds and potentially delete tags from favorite sounds and re-tag them according to my liking, including removing the favorite tag and using it only for the most favorite sounds.

The final step would be to organize sounds into the banks, but I guess that’s not going to be necessary and the tags could be sufficient.

Yep I’ve been right through renamed tagged everything, deleted ones I didn’t like etc…
It takes a few days sifting through it all, but very much worth it set it up how you like it

I just wish to be able to directly overwrite sounds in the +Drive. There are so many patches that just need some volume tweaking to be playable, but I have to save a whole new patch, delete the old patch, replace it in position with new patch. Excessively tedious workflow for patch management…

You can overwrite them, just save on top of the same patch

1 Like

if you yoink out all your presets/patches to reorganize them, what does that do to your projects and patterns, or does it not matter somehow? my a4 banks are a mess. the thought of moving things around then possibly having to re-do existing projects is unappealing.

It seems like data management, which is like, what computers were invented for, would be the first order of business for an instrument’s software companion.

It would certainly be the most USEFUL part of an Overbridge in my life…

2 Likes

I see how to do this on the machine itself now. But, I still don’t see any way to do this within Overbridge (presumably the librarian for A4)…