A4 is a whole new synth when adding the Analog Heat?

Ok, I saw a Cuckoo vid where he used the heat with his Analog keys and it sounded nothing like the A4 anymore…I mean really, an entirely new synth. Anyone use the A4 and heat together? I have a heat landing tomorrow and I am looking to pick up another small synth for some changes in my rig. The A4 has been haunting me in my dreams since.
Ps I had an A4 a few years back and got along well but after awhile, it was just bland and got boring. Thinking these 2 together will be delicious.
Anybody else?

Love, love, love the Heat. Makes my A4 sizzle. Makes even my iPhone running Native Instruments iMachine2 sizzle. I’ve run my guitars and basses thru it too. The Heat is the best thing I’ve bought all year… because it applies to everything!!! …and the A4 is the 2nd best thing I picked up!

3 Likes

Sigint, thanks man!
I feel the same way about my Sherman Filterbank but wanted to try the heat after I heard some sound examples.

1 Like

Another cool thing, you can run any audio into the A4’s ext ins, set the track’s OSC1 to “WavL” or “WavR” and use the A4 as a sound processor for external sources (tying up 1 or 2 tracks depending on mono or stereo) which is also incredible… (then run it thru Heat as a bonus… I’ve done some cool guitar->A4->Heat “guitarsynth” amazing sounds!!!)

4 Likes

I forgot to record a section without the Heat on (believe me, it is pretty thin) but here is a simple single track fed thru the Heat from an A4 as an example… even with an iPhone recording it, you can tell this is much beefier than a regular A4 sound.

1 Like

Good question. I have Heat and the AK and would say that actually yes the AK sounds amazing through the Heat. I mean I am sure the A4 MKii sounds great but I think for an A4 user it maybe worth getting the Heat rather than sell and upgrade to MKii.

1 Like

I agree :point_up:️. I’ve ran lots through my heat. It gets pretty wild with pretty much anything. And it can be very tame at the same time. My favorite has been the Monomachine. I wish I had my Heat before I traded off the A4.

You should hear the MK2 through the Heat. Radder

2 Likes

Let’s hear it

Heat’s Enhancement plug-in

Thank you for this! I love to process with these boxes and the plentiful options. I still have yet to get all cozy with the cv options.