A4 Feature Requests

I would like sound locks to have the option of defeating performance macro settings.

Let’s say I have programmed a sound in track 1 and assigned a performance knob to alter the pitch of one of its oscillators. With the current architecture, if I drop in, say, a few snare sounds using sound locks, my performance knob will also affect the pitch of my snare sound. I don’t always want this.

I don’t imagine this being too complicated to implement. It would just be a toggle between

[ul]
[li]pull across the patch values from the pool before applying the performance macro adjustment to both the ‘native’ track sound and any sound-locks[/li]
and[li]apply performance macro to the track sound before letting any sound-locks replace those adjustments with absolute values[/li]
[/ul]

In other words, just switching the chain between
[ul]
[li]track sound > sound lock > performance adjustments[/li]
to[li]track sound > performance adjustments > sound lock[/li]
[/ul]

Does that make sense? Is it already an option even?

+1

I’d really like to change the pitch of the click track, it’s too low IMO

Like I said before individual track clock divisions (and the same for the midi/DIN/CV output)

I’m trying to think of anything else that could be provided by DSP/Coding alone eg: I’d love to have different sub-osc waveforms/controls but something tells me that fixed into the hardware itself

a per macro button option like this would be a fantastic & sensible addition if it’s possible

12- or 8bit digital waves for extra crunch.

1. Midi note and CC out from the sequencer with p-lock of CC values would be killer for controlling other gear.

2. Different time signatures for different tracks.

3. A 303 style note slide option.

4. Additional pattern play modes. Backward, ping-pong and random.

Something very simple:

• Reload parameter value to saved state using [NO/RELOAD]+ DATA KNOB Click or with double click on DATA KNOB.

I’ve been craving for a modular now more then ever. Have been experimenting with CV in Reason. Chaos signals and unconventional routings. So much fun. Renewed my love for Reason. It would do the same forthe A4.

So I would lika to open up the hood of the A4. Make the A4 semi-modular, digitally controlled. It must be possible! Just make it, don’t mind the possibilities of a unstable machine. Everything should be a mod source and everything should be mod-destination. “Everything!” :smiley:

1: So a modulation matrix would be much apprecieted. And more routing possibilities.

And also:

2. User waves, samples. The Rytm got it why not the A4 as well ?? :slight_smile:

IT WOULD ADD ALOT TO SOUND DESIGN POSSIBILITES. And possibly govern sales as well. You know modulars is the kids new sugar.

One thing that would make the A4 really shine as a 303-style sequencer would be if you could set the CV GATE source to the accent or note slide “track”. Dead simple.

CV Track: The LFOs only seem to address the scalable CV parameters. Why not aspects of trig CV? It would be great to be able to modulate around the threshold voltages of these to allow a bit of randomisation.

oh damn that would be cool

that reminds me, it’d be cool if accent on the cv track did something, like change the envelope length or gate length.
also if we could parameter lock gate/trigger length in general. :slight_smile:

i’ve been doing a lot of sequencing with the CV track and it gets super dense. basically every trig has something locked to it. what if each CV out had it’s own trigs? like if you were on the CV a page the trigs could be different from the CV c page? or similar to monomachine style where note, envelope, gate/trigger had their own trigs?

i really like it is as a sequencer. it’d be nice to be able to use it for even more. :slight_smile:

I’d like a simple EQ for each track. Even a simple adjustable one band cut would be good to help cut out overlapping frequencies and mud without having to use the HP Filter

a chromatic tuner in one of the unused FX track windows. It’s super handy on my R09 portable recorder.

And also this: http://dafx13.nuim.ie/papers/44.dafx2013_submission_56.pdf

:slight_smile:

Hahaha! Whopper

RE: Midi data output from tracks.

+1 … +100 actually.

While I love the A4 sequencer I’d also like to dump its midi information into Ableton at times to double up sounds, for simple back up purposes without using SysEx, for more intricate compositions and experimentations, to record the midi output from a live performance jam.

Having the sequences locked-in-the-box for studio-work is unfortunate.

For those of us with tired eyes it would be great to have an option that would zoom the LCD graphic of the currently-being-changed parameter.

I don’t need to see the values of all 10 parameters while I’m actively making an edit on one so showing a larger graphic of the knob I’m currently adjusting would be great.

This could also allow additional information on that parameter, for example:

[ul]
[li]The long parameter name[/li]
[li]The default value[/li]
[li]The old value before the edit[/li]
[li]Param-specific details:[/li]
[/ul]

For example on something like LFO speed it could show where the even beat divisions are as your adjusting:

[-----1/16–|–1/8-----1/4—…]

hell yes! AWESOME IDEA!

The ability to p-lock/LFO/perf-macro, arp parameters plz.

We need Tempo per pattern ! Not the global tempo !

Not so hard to figure I think, every cheap groovebox or drum machine knows how to do it…

Thank you !

A MIDI track that doesn’t take away from the CV track would be ace!! Then I wouldn’t have to use up two of my CV options for Gate and Pitch!