A4 Feature Requests

Dear Elektron developers,
Please-please-please, add tempo multiplier per track to A4/AK (like in Octatrack)! It would be so cool!

amen!

Extended polyphony
Having 8 voices would be awesome, as the A4 has 8 oscillators, couldn’t each of them be routed to be used as a single voice?

Definitely. A clock speed multiplier per track would be incredibly useful for doing longer slower pad changes over 8 or 16 bars etc.

Ah-ha! Maybe the A4 could treat FX settings as standard “sounds”!
You can already attempt to load a sound on to the FX/CV track, but it obviously doesn’t work, returning an error. I think we might have something here!

You can always copy FX settings across kits, so that’s a work-around.

Save your efx settings as a kit (name it “FX_xxxxx”) on one pattern, then switch to another pattern. Add/create sounds for tracks 1-4 and save your new kit, which includes your desired FX settings.

Load other “FX kits” to that dummy pattern, copy the FX settings, and paste them into the other pattern holding the “real” kit.

Maybe has been requested before, but more sub-oscillator interval types needed for more complicated chords. In addition to 5th would be nice to have at least 4th. 3rd major, 3rd minor and 2nd wouldn’t hurt either :slight_smile:

The Sub OSCs are probably done in the analog signal path with simple flip-flop circuits. The 5th is most likely done by feedbacking a filtered octave-signal back to the circuit so the 3/2 ratio for the fifth (actually a fourth below) can be achieved.

So my guess on this feature would be: very unlikely!

1 Like

The Sub OSCs are probably done in the analog signal path with simple flip-flop circuits. The 5th is most likely done by feedbacking a filtered octave-signal back to the circuit so the 3/2 ratio for the fifth (actually a fourth below) can be achieved.

[/quote]
Very interesting :confused: … but I should have chosen electronics at skool :sob:
I’d like to understand …I like the word Flip - Flop circuits.
Thanx - first explenation I read on this subject.

[/quote]
Guessing not required :wink: it’s not gonna happen for reasons like those discussed

not sure on the possible nuance of your request … but it is already possible to (pre)set a cv out to respond to the live (or recorded) velocity dynamics from an external controller (or AfT/BrC etc) - straightforward with value lin attached to velocity mod

+1 for the tempo multiplier per track. This would really open up a whole new territory. (I would pay for an OS that would bring this to the MnM BTW!).

I would also love a negative multiplier for the LFO speed. It isn’t quite slow enough for really subtle movement. I would take an eventual lower resolution of a x0,5 (or lower) for granted happily!

1 Like

Plz add to work with multimap mode to small keyboard.
Thnx and sorry for my engrish;))

Probably not going to happen, but this would rule:

Audio input as a modulation source. Just set a threshold and use the signal as an (inaudible) sidechain/trigger.

Yes, but preferably a proper envelope follower too, like on DSI synths. Would make it a crazy good effector for external audio (or you could use a piezo or a mic or a theremin etc as a performance controller).

Scenes (like AR) using the remaining trigs when Perf page is on (there are 6 mutes, the rest are available).

You can achieve a “on-off” like behaviour with bipolar perfs and holding fn when tweaking it, but it’s a two-hand operation.

Poly chain capability with a 2nd A4/AK

Bring the track to FX routing option to the trig keys in performance mode.

Press REC+STOP: note trig entry advances one step for each note key pressed.

1 Like

Good one! +1

+1