A4- Does 'SAVE KIT' save changes to Track Sounds?

If I make a bunch of changes to a kit’s track sounds, inc Amp Envelopes, Filter settings, etc… does a quick ‘SAVE KIT’ hold all these for next time I recall the kit?

Yes.

Edit: It’s rather the track’s kit sound(s) you’re changing. :wink:

Just be aware that all patterns associated with a particular kit will incorporate the changes.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s kinda why I’m making sure… I’m duplicating kits, renaming them, then editing the track sounds… but I’ve been methodically saving the resulting sounds to make sure I don’t lose them… Way quicker now I feel safe to just save the kit and project.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m just saving sounds to the +drive that go into my sound pool.

Oh, and of course save the whole project from time to time. :grin:

1 Like

I expect you know this already, but for general reference in this topic…

Saving a Sound to the +Drive saves a copy of the Sound. Loading a Sound from the +Drive loads a copy of the Sound. So if you make a Sound, save it, load it to a different Kit, change it… then only that Kit has the updated Sound. Even if you then save the updated Sound back over itself to the +Drive, any other Kit which used that Sound will retain their copy of that Sound, and wont get your changes.

Mostly, this is a good thing, and kinda what you expect.

I mention it because the rest of the thread has been training the readers into understanding that Patterns which share a Kit get all the updates to a Sound (plus the opposite: if you don’t want the updates, save a new Kit)… The Sounds on the +Drive kinda work the opposite way. None of the copies of a Sound will get any updates, ever, unless you manually copy them to every place it’s used.

5 Likes