A4 CV + OverBridge

Tried out the CV options on the A4 yesterday, worked super with my SlimPhatty. Tried using it in a track in my DAW (Cubase) and found latency issues when using overbridge, not sure why. Things I tested:

• Internal sounds on the A4 synced fine with the DAW clock - so overbridge sync was fine

• Just triggering the SlimPhatty via midi worked fine - so latency shouldn’t be a problem there

• Setting overbridge to tempo only and then starting the A4 CV sequence worked fine

• Setting Overbridge to clock worked fine for TRK1 (internal A4 Sounds), but not for the CV track that controlled the SlimPhatty - it seemed to run in time, only that it started the sequence a little late (If I moved the trigs with micro timing I could get it to line up the sound, but the trigs would not be placed on beat) - this seems like latency, no? (Only it worked with midi triggering the SP from keyboard, DAW and the BeatStep)

Any ideas?

Hi @vegradd I know this is two years old but I’m encountering the same problem. Curious if you ever figured this out, or a workaround. It’s very strange to me because it almost seems as though the OB audio is the only thing that runs without noticeable latency, and everything else has unusually more latency.

For me it’s modular gear via the cv track that seems really delayed, while the A4 tracks themselves are latency free.

Hey Kalin, sorry for the late reply (1 year, wow, I don’t often use this forum it seems :stuck_out_tongue: ) but, no, I never figured this one out. Now also overbridge is super unstable for me, and I think I will abandon the whole thing as it takes more time trying to get it to work and be stable, than I get to actually make music with it :confused:

Hope you find a solution!

Much love