A4(1) Button Sensitivity

Noob question: I just picked up an A4(1) and am wondering what is the normal button sensitivity, how hard a press is normal to make contact?

I notice for example on the buttons with 2 menu choices (Osc1, Osc2, Env, LFO), if you don’t press with a deliberate “flick” the menus might not advance to the next page. But on the other hand they just might. Same with if you don’t press dead center… sometimes you make contact, other times not, with what seems like the same press. The only way to make sure you make contact is to hit it a bit harder than I would like to.

Anyhow not a big issue, I just want to know if that is normal or if I have a dust problem maybe.

if it differs significantly from the neighbouring buttons which also show secondary pages then it might be dirty

A tap should show the secondary page, holding longer will display the values for that page

if it does this on more than one page (as you describe) it sounds like you don’t find the touch quite familiar enough to be right , but it sounds like there’s no issue except perhaps wrt hitting the button harder

I’d expect issues with trigs or mini keys or transport before page buttons, so maybe there’s been a spillage there or it’s just that the feel isn’t familiar yet

There are a few UI operations where button presses are separated into short/long/held so you should explore the manual first

I suspect you are right, that it is just a feel thing, given it is more than one button

1 Like