A singer/songwriter's approach to the A4 MKII

Twice AR owner as well. Wanted to, but never gelled with it.

Other than the mono, I’ve owned all the Elektrons.

The A4 and Machinedrum were my favorites.

I’m picking up my A4 MK2 after work today

2 Likes

…and such positive feedback makes me a happy one!

Cheers! :heart:

Hey PDP - well…

In this type of performance I don’t do such changes. The patterns (everyone hosts its own kit) are pre-made in a pretty structured manor. I have four song parts; Part 0 (intro, breaks, extras), Part A (verse), Part B (bridge), Part C (chorus). Each part covers a maximum of four patterns with variations of the same chord progression, laid out with increasing intensity.

This is my way of having something I can “play” while still maintaining concentration on singing.

Thanks. I m really impressed.
In other words you not only have the self discipline to prepare the whole thing but also to not touch any trigs, plocks, arps during your jam.

I m not really musical, lazy and also cant resist the trigs…
But apart from that, still somehow on topic
The most appealing aspect of a4 to me is to see it as a p lockable c trigable sequencer INSTRUMENT. Just the autosave on pattern change or after an accidental trig push takes away much of that instrument attraction.
I know im annoying but really mostly surprised that that doesnt seem a big concern for most electronauts and am interested how they use the instrument that they dont care about that.

Because otherwise i love the open concept of a4. (On pattern 2 dirty drums, on 3 a cheesy poly pad., as it seems on mk 2 also more fat stuff)
Thanks for time and energy to you and rest of e nauts.

1 Like