A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

You like playing around with vacuum tubes ? Check out the Telmatronic Groovetube ( post ). Not at any show that i am aware of, but it would get all sorts of attention if it was.

1 Like

Teenage Engineering Soap-on-a-Rope?

1 Like

In the category of the totally unique synth, will be the Silhouette. It has been an annual thing at Superbooth, building steam each year with a more complete and unique optical/audio device. I think they sold a one of a kind synth last year. It gets better every year. They are at Superbooth again this year.

https://www.silhouette-synthesizer.de/

2 Likes

tbh haven’t cared about anything they’ve made since the PO tonic/sampler. Everything they’ve made since then is poorly built cash grab dog shit or overpriced rehaul of op-1. Maybe they’ll make an OP-Z field or something but even then that little chocolate bar wasn’t that great to begin with. Even IF it didn’t have insane build flaws/structural integrity issues.

Cool

:exploding_head::rofl: It’s so off the wall! It sounds squishy!! It’s good to know someone is putting these things into existence. I enjoy tubes, but never thought I’d go full tube.

1 Like

Legend

1 Like

Sounds hot

1 Like

A bunch of announcements…

Bitwig announced their V5.0 beta software.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UA unveils three new UAFX pedals

• Galaxy '74 Tape Echo & Reverb
  • Max Preamp & Dual Compressor
  • Del-Verb Ambience Companion

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Instachord is being launched to international market with a crowdfund on Indiegogo.

As I posted earlier there are still rough edges, on the international appeal, it still feels like a domestic Japanese product. The funding will partly be used to help improve the international appeal.

5 Likes

At NAMM :

Besides the Polyend Tracker Mini.
SynthAnatomy

ADDED : There is talk of the Polyend Tracker Mini being Best of Show.
( You’d never guess that from the way it has been dogged here in Elektronauts. )

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Meridian from Modbap Modular

A mixable dual multimode filter with wave shaper.

EDIT : Updated image, added Modbap homepage link.

6 Likes

At NAMM :

From Endorphin.es

Ghost Pedal is a multi-dimensional effects chain processor with reverb, filter, distortion and internal LFO for modulation. The reverb features a freeze option, delay looper, comb with resonator, and spring mode with virtual spring excitement. It is also MIDI controlable. This pedal was designed with Andrew Huang, and follows the Ghost Eurorack module.

Golden Master Pedal – a multiband compressor with EQ, mid-side processing, and stereo enhancement. This follows on the Golden Master Eurorack module in both standard and 1U versions.

Endorphin.es websites :
Ghost Pedal
Golden Master Pedal

Thread

These pedals will be available this fall.

6 Likes

The Hammond XK-4 looks really nice. And it has lots of playing options, including a super accurate B-3, in a 20 pound package.

Hammond XK-4 Details

No exact price that i could find yet, but it is apparently reasonable, so they’re looking to sell some volume of these.

ADDED : A little thing but, this can be used as a controller too.

3 Likes

So when does this NAMM thing get rolling? There are a lot of possibly upcoming products I am curious about. Thought it started today but I haven’t even received one product announcement email in my spam folder or one sonic state video or anything lol.

1 Like

Starts today. Keep in mind it’s on the west coast, so the doors haven’t even opened yet.

5 Likes

In about 90 minutes.

2 Likes

No announcements from Elektron :frowning:
I’m hoping to see some analog/OT firmware!! :slight_smile:

Probably only Super Secret Stealth Announcements from Elektron at NAMM.
Guessing that you need to wait for Superbooth, for the public announcements.

4 Likes

Oh I see, I live on the west coast and have been up for four hours already so I guess I was just imagining it had started already.

3 Likes

3 Likes