A next generation Octatrack?

The Octatrack is for so long sold out and Overbridge is not possible… That makes me think… how would Elektron redo or perfecting the Octatrack?

Redo:
Bank pattern structure the same as all other Elektron machines with the Bank Group A-H manner.
So we have 8 banks, 128 Patterns & 16 Songs per project instead of 16 banks, 256 patterns & 8 arrangements per project!

Move the buttons from under the screen (Playback, Amp, LFO, Effect1 & 2) and place those beneath the encoder knobs (like A4 & AR). Plus 2 new buttons “Performance” & “Audio Edit”

The Yes/No, arrow buttons & transport buttons go beneath to screen like the A4.

The left side looks a bit like the A4 with Function button Mode Song, Chain & Bank Group. Next to the Chain button there’s the Cue button. Make one row of the record, mixer & midi buttons with a little separation between the record (C-D) and mixer button.

The possibility for pre/post mute option for effect 1/2

Replace Compact Flash with SD card.

New:

• Overbridge
  • Performance mode

Wish:
Analog filters and price it for €1489
Convolution machine that also detects BPM See topic Convolution Machine?

I’m just thinking out loud and realize that it is not compatible with the “old” Octatrack!
But I would replace it for the next generation without doubt. Just like I did with the Machinedrum MKI.

Despite the long delay, Elektron have indicated many times that there are no current plans to revise the OT in the near future.

That said, the current delay is due to a parts shortage. As I understand it, an inability to continue obtaining some components was the reason that the MkII MD and MNM were produced. So maybe that will lead to them making an OT MkII, although since I’m still looking at the empty spot on my desk where my long-delayed Octatrack should be sitting, I hope it isn’t for a couple more years.

1 Like

Move the volume knob to the left side of the screen! I’m always turning it, when I mean to turn the knob on it’s right side.

1 Like

Sixteentatrack with sixteentaouts…The Octamixer Duo.

Now that’s for sure this will not happen!

That’s a good one the level knob on the left side of the screen!

I hope a MKII will offer full analog signal path for mixing inputs with options to send to FX. Similar to what the A4 does on its 2 inputs, but act as a analog mixer with send FX.

Party pooper!!!

Overbridge would also be interesting to visualise the audio editor of the Octatrack!

Weird the Octatrack is still “Out of Stock” and now the Machindrum, MD-UW and Monomachine are also “Out of Stock”…

So what now???

End of the year Overbridge!!!

That might be a very good reason for a next gen. OT, MD(UW) and MM?
So maybe NAMM 2015 or MusikMesse 2015 is something to look out for?

Unlikely.

See this thread “To HQ re continued product lines (OT,MD,MNM)”:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/to-hq-re-continued-product-lines-ot-md-mnm/6955/57926

I use the OT, MDUWmkII and MMmkII for many years. If there’s a new generation on it’s way I am happy to upgrade and I think I’m not the only one here?

Also the workflow of the OT could be much more user friendly!