A new learning resource for modular synthesis

I wrote a section in FIMS on a starter rack for VCVRack for those who want to use it to decide whether to go with physical modular or not. With VCVRack, it is just too easy to add another module, whereas that would entail real expense for a physical rack. I thought I’d create something from free VCVRack modules that mimics a reasonable first configuration. The trick is to be disciplined while using it.

2 Likes

Obviously long day, long week. Couldn’t figure out what FIMS was!

Seriously brutal week. Brain needs a recharge.

I’m going to give it all a read through. I recently deleted VCV off my system to simplify my choices, but if my brother does use it, I’ll add it back. It’s always more fun with others involved.

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed consulting your modular guide for a long time, and this is an especially good idea. As part of my preparation for going modular, I’ve been trying a similar experiment with a fixed VCV system that gets very close to what I want to build (including rebuilding my Moog semimodulars with VCV modules). It’s been very informative, and I highly recommend it to others.

1 Like

I bet, if you were willing to share your VCVRack simulations of your Moog semimods, that it would be of interest to many others!

1 Like