A (midi controllable, full recall) pet for my Syntakt?

Hey all, I thought about giving my Syntakt a pet

… something small, MIDI CONTROLLABLE (progam change, full recall), not expensive, analog or digital …

any ideas? :wink: Thanks!

Edit: Price range similar to Microfreak

Edit 2: The goal is to use the Syntakt’s inputs to use whatever synth as one more machine, ready to be smashed or not smashed into the analog fx drive and effects …

Edit 3: Other synths I already have in this setup: A4, Opsix, Hydra. Those go along with the Syntakt, not into it.

Edit 4: It shouldn’t be modular unless it gotta be patched via midi :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 5: I’m not interested in polyphony, but I also don’t say no to it.

3 Likes

Doubts about program change, but the Dreadbox Nymphes is a wonderful mono-synth.

2 Likes

I really like the Typhon, can get nasty with its different distortions fx…

The Micromonsta 2 is very small, very good VA very versatile, can be nasty too, good drive.
Bitimbral 2x6 voices or monotimbral 12 voices, unison possible if you want mono only…

11 Likes

Shruti-1

3 Likes

miniature dachshund. if not dachshund, micromonsta.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Waldorf pulse 2 (or rocket)

Electric eel. And a tiny hovercraft for it to ride in.

6 Likes

I change my vote.

5 Likes

Dreadbox Hades… and let me know if I should also get one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Not sure what the budget is, but I’ve considered a mono lancet for this sort of use. In the other direction, a Craftsynth 2 might be neat.

1 Like

there’s a guy selling a jupiter 6 in the classified ads today maybe that’s the sort of out of the box answer we’re looking for.

1 Like

Korg Monologue.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted a Doepfer Dark Energy for years.

Moog Minitaur

4 Likes

I know you like weird industrial synths. This is very boutique.

The Sismo ICE.

$389 USD.

6 Likes

lemondrop🍋

3 Likes

A Preen FM 2 or Preen FM 3 for more thorough FM than the Freaks offer.

SE-02 and a Rat II.

1 Like

I have a Nymphes and a Geode plugged into mine. That little Geode is the pet that knocks things over, eats the heels off your boots, and climbs walls, but you can’t help but to rile it up because it’s always fun to play with. No patches, but pretty much everything is cc’able so you can kind of fake it. Can get nasty through the drive

3 Likes