A Guide to AUTECHRE

I am a huge fan, but TBH it’s LP5 and before that I love the most.

2 Likes

They were most melodic around that time for sure (aside from Oversteps). Envane was the EP that preceded Chiastic Slide if I’m not mistaken.

With the rumours (or screenshots from their MIXLR sets) that they have two new albums (and the long awaited onesix livesets) in the offing, I was revisiting Elseq this evening. True to the usual Autechre experience, whenever I revisit album x-2 (where x = current or soon to be released) I discover a whole new world of exciting stuff that I just didn’t pick-up on when first listening to it… looking forward to 2022 when NTS.Sessions will reveal a whole new wave of details.

4 Likes

exai is awesome. especially the final track is a masterpiece.

5 Likes

Ya exai is great.
Untilted keeps popping into the rotation. And I LOVE all the versions of Quaristice.
This…

3 Likes

This one is really hitting the mark for me at this particular moment in time:

5 Likes

cant forget this all time transcendental banger

8 Likes

Interesting…there’s time to sit and really LISTEN now. :+1:t6:

When NTS sessions came out it was pretty much all I listened to for about a year.
It might be 8 hours long but I genuinely can’t think of a single track on there that feels like filler.

2 Likes

I still haven’t digested it. Only really made it through the first 2

1 Like

3 is my favourite at the minute
Acid mwan idle and g1e1 are special.

There’s barely a week goes by when at least one of the sessions doesn’t get played.

5 Likes

Love g1e1. Made a playlist from al the slower nts tracks. Class tracks👍

This is actually cool to listen to…
NTS slowed down.

4 Likes

Same year, for sure. I love both of these. I remember a 3 hr flight to Denver when I listened to Draun Quarter on repeat the entire flight and a cab ride into LoDo.

Tri Repetae is still on my list of 10 best albums of all time. Brilliant it was (and is).

4 Likes

YES…

7 Likes

could you share this playlist? i’d love to listen to it!

i’m really digging Quaristice right now, even though i overlooked it when it came out. surprisingly good evening music for hanging out at home

2 Likes

Check…

• Quaristice Versions
  • Quadrange
4 Likes

they are both great.
many seem to criticize quaristice but I quite enjoy the shortness of the tracks on it.
I struggle a bit with the length of some tracks on elsequ and nts

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet, the stereo difference versions are a pretty cool addendum to the Autechre catalog.

1 Like