A Guide to AUTECHRE

Really like this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ya that tunes is AWESOME

so is this one!

crank it

3 Likes

im sorry i thought you posted the track Stop Look Listen. i didnt know that was the interview. also a sick track

this starts at the sweet spot. this track and the next : 4:02 - 12:45

5:48 hits

1 Like

Xylin Room is top five Autechre for life.

2 Likes

I urge everyone interested to read the stupendous ‘Ask Autechre Anything’-thread on forum.wattm.com. 150+ pages of them (most of the time) answering every question imaginable by sweaty, die-hard fans. A masterclass on its own.

9 Likes

Tons of infos

To the lazy they come off as unapprochable but imo they have been very generous. They just do it their way (as with everything else).

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

I enjoy Autechre. It’s like proper jazz records, they grow after repeated listening, true craftmenship! Autechre also taught me on a musical level, that if you want to be prolific and original in your art, you need to just sit down (or stand depending on your setup) and do the work. (ignorance is bliss in electronica)

Never needed a guide to hold my hand whilst listening to anything ever. But I do enjoy the youtube spoof videos lots! :grinning:brilliant stuff

2 Likes

JAZZ YOU SAY?

1 Like

Are you the source of all those youtube videos? :wink:

Why yes, yes I am
rubs hands together mischievously

2 Likes

Listening to it right now

2 Likes

Same.

Hope to Dog someone is recording it cause I can’t do this the whole time.

Proving once again that their records should be filed under hip hop.

2 Likes

No worries, nothing escapes from the internet

1 Like

I would not want to talk so much about them, but

start listening… 1 month full of music

2 Likes

That intro was on the original 12"; I’ve got an mp3 rip of it somewhere. It was removed when the singles were released in the boxset, I’m guessing due to copyright…

1 Like

Impossible…the voice of agony is Putman from Club Dread…years after the release.

And refuse to accept a ‘rip’ as evidence. The internet is lies. I need to see the vinyl or it doesnt exist as such.

0:30sec onward…

lol that’s very similar but not the same :smiley:

edit: also that film is from 2004, I’m sure my mp3s are from earlier than that