A Closer Look at the Roland System 100m from 1979!

Nice video!
Don’t know exactly why, but this is kind of the dream synth for me. Sounds amazing on youtube :upside_down_face:
If the Behringer is any close I might get weak

6 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For me, too! :content:

Nice video, the bass in particular just sounds amazing^^

1 Like

jepp, sounds amazing. Like the essence of roland bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember my music teacher, Mrs Mold, bringing one of these into my school when I was 8 or 9 years old in ‘79 or ‘80, her son had bought it after gardening all summer to pay for it.
Ever since I heard those sci fi sounds, I’ve been into synths … It blew my mind ! Thank you Mrs Mold

3 Likes

Ha, Alex makes great videos, 4 cases :drooling_face:

I only have 1 case, the D set, but can say for sure it is an amazing sounding system, but more importantly a joy to use thanks to the layout, form factor and built in mults and normalisation of pitch and gate/trigger.

I also have the System500 which is very nice, but it just isn’t the same, and I don’t think the euro format works well in this context as tweaking isn’t anywhere near as easy, so I’d have preferred the larger format in hindsight, but I got the 500 first.

But yeah 100m hits all those classic Kraftwerk and Aphex sounds with ease, and the stability and tuning is bloody amazing especially given the age.

I think that current prices for a D Set are a bit of a bargain, hovering at 3-4k which is less than the new price and less than what a lot of other vintage synths cost. Given their reliability and excellent build quality it was kind of a no brainer for me to grab mine when I had the chance.

I wish I still had my MC-4b though, but AK/A4 drive it great too, highly recommended!

4 Likes

Sometimes I consider selling all my gear except the Orville and getting two 100m and being happy for the rest of my life.

2 Likes

Hans Zimmer bought a whole lot of unsold old stock at 25$ per kilogram, those were the good ol´ days…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Another great video from Alex

4 Likes

Has anyone experience with the frequencycentral 100m inspired modules?

I just bought a mini system based on the 190 case housing 3 modules… first vintage Roland I buy… I am absolutely in love. @darenager

now I want all of it… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Nice one! I am still dreaming of the 100m… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

yes… and because of you I ended up getting the 2600 FS… sometimes this forum is the worst.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Fair trade for pushing me over the edge on the Model 10… :stuck_out_tongue:

(and oh how I wish I’d have been able to buy the 2600 FS when I had it for review)

2 Likes

Basic, simple and absolute joy to tinker with … I now understand the appeal…

9 Likes

@Nikarga lovely! Congrats on finding that beauty, what a great system :heart_eyes:

Looks and sounds so sick

3 Likes

Another great one from Alex.

Past few days I was using the 2oh2 to sequence my 100m, the portamento from the 202 really sounds great on the 100m.

2 Likes