707 and 727 kits for the Aira TR-8!

this is my contribution with analog four and Aira TR8 with 707 sounds.

very kind of you mate

:+1: Dopeness :slight_smile:

Well someone doesnā€™t, but some people do. I wonder why it has not been torrented yet?

I think you need to use your Roland account to use this updateā€¦

Regardless, Iā€™ve already spent my cash on a Volca Sample and the tweakbility has already blasted Roland out of the waterā€¦

Roland really think their Aira is the shit, and that people are too stupid to look at other optionsā€¦

Where are all your ā€˜Grooveboxesā€™ now Roland? Certainly not the forefront of a serious studio, thatā€™s for sureā€¦

For anyone else who thinks torrenting is an option, it isnā€™t.

Hi Michal . its even more then 75 euro its a big 100 euro for the upgrade

7X7-TR8 Drum Machine Expansion for TR-8 ā‚¬100,00

• Every sound of the TR-707 and TR-727 Rhythm Composers, faithfully reproduced using the original PCM wave data and detailed models of the original circuitry.
  • Analog Circuit Behavior captures the unmistakable sound of the original units ā€“ a result of lo-fi sampling and the behavior of the analog envelope and VCA circuitry design.
  • Adds the unique flam and accent behaviors of the TR-909 and TR-707, with adjustable flam intensity and two levels of accent.
  • Four entirely new TR-8 sounds including modified TR-909 kick, TR-909 snare and all new clap and snap sounds.
  • Upgrades the TR-8 to have all the sounds and articulations of four iconic TR drum machines, plus all new sounds, in one performance-ready instrument.
  • TR-606 sounds are faithfully reproduced using detailed models of its original circuitry. In addition to all seven of its sounds, the update also comes with one new floor tom sound.
    *This expansion pack is compatible with ONLY the TR-8 and a TR-8 is required for use.

*This expansion pack is NOT compatible with any software synthesizer and is only usable with the TR-8.

*To use the TR-606 sounds, you will need to update your Roland TR-8 to system program Ver.1.20 or later.

*Please note that the ā€œ7X7 Drum Machine Expansion for TR-8ā€ is valid for only one TR-8 unit. For additional TR-8 units you will need to purchase and download separately.

In oder to use 7X7-TR8 Drum Machine Expansion, you need access Roland Account Service, download the installation file and complete the activation process.

Please check the following operating conditions for compatible PC.

Note
*If you already have 7X7-TR8, you can use the new sound preset for free by updating your firmware to Ver1.2.
ā‚¬100,00

They added the 606 sounds and raised the price.
They drop the price once or twice a year, usually on black friday.

1 Like

Hi, yea i know but stil, i love the machine but but still to limited ive expected more of it and its functions and the save backup function dind realy work for me maby still doing somthing wrong but lost so many times may work had to rebuild :frowning: . i paid 500euros for it like lot of us out there and ok pay for upgrade so 100 more coms to cost of you machine 600euro. but ive bin thinking for atleast a year to sel it but you lose so much monay thats better keeping itā€¦ with expencion ets bin sold for 380 euro ;( ā€¦ i hope realy there gone be some upgrade firmare with more options ad functionsā€¦its realy cool machine playing live sets ā€¦ thnx for the replay Michal

1 Like

Hi all,
Looking for the 7x7 pack for my recently purchased TR-8ā€¦
Anybody?

It seems we are out of luck,

Notice (May 12, 2020)

**End of sales of 7X7-[Tr8] Drum Machine Expansion for Tr-8

Sales of the 7X7-[Tr8] Drum Machine Expansion for the [Tr-8] will conclude at the end of July 2020. Although you can still purchase from Roland Content Store until the end of July 2020, activation on your [Tr-8] unit must be completed within 30 days after purchase.

https://contentstore.roland.com/

To my understanding it is not possible to ā€žshareā€œ the expansion because of the online activation that is necessary to activate the licence on your Tr-8 wich will be shut down by Roland on August, 30th.

2 Likes

nor is it acceptable to ask or advocate doing so on Elektronauts

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

1 Like

which corresponds 100% to my conviction, and
I wasnā€™t sure where this question would lead either.
Sorry for any trouble :v::heart::v:

2 Likes

Ok sorry guys if Roland or any of you was offended.
I understand it is not acceptable to ask or advocate for such a thing. Guidelines read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am I reading this right, that you can once again buy and activate this expansion for the TR-8 via Roland Cloud?

https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404296587675-7X7-TR8-Expansion-For-TR-8-Within-Roland-Cloud

Yes, you can.

1 Like

Thank you! As it happened, I got a good deal on a TR-8 that already has them. I have to say, I like this machine better than the 8s. Does its one special thing well.

2 Likes

I actually completely agree. I just picked one up again myself. Itā€™s a great studio tool.

2 Likes