707 and 727 kits for the Aira TR-8!

Nice videos!

Not sure if anyone noticed but the Classic 808 sounds are being used less and less in ā€˜releveantā€™ music production, and itā€™s about time because people are getting sick of the same sounds over and over again. If I hear another cheesy 808 or 909 snare roll, Iā€™m gonna puke all over someoneā€™s TR8ā€¦

Hey Honeysmack - thanks for the video - what are you using to get the audio into your video? Via a recorder? Any post processing? Iā€™m listening just on my iPad and I have to say it sounded excellent - very crisp and well defined.

Someone call the wahhhhmbulance.

What would be on topic in the Other Gear section?

I think he was referring to our digression towards Science Fiction novels.
But no apologies from meā€¦

Someone call the wahhhhmbulance.[/quote]
Well, it is pretty annoying to click on this thread three different times expecting to hear more discussion related to the topic, but instead finding anything but.

Thatā€™s quite courteous & civil of you I suppose.

Agreed, the OP-1 has added several effects, synths, LFOs, etc since it was released. These all could have easily been payed update, they are also a small company. Roland is huge, they donā€™t need to rip their customers off for an extra 80 bucks. Donā€™t think your comment was at all harsh DL. Roland should be ripped for this. Like you donā€™t have to play for the SH101 plug out so why for this.

Iā€™m done with Roland.

Not paying them another cent, 30 sounds for $115 is completely scabby.

Iā€™ll wait until they come to their senses and reduce the price to something more reasonable or Iā€™ll just find the torrentā€¦

Thanks friend. Audio is straight off the desk (Mackie 1640i) into the camera. No post production at all. These videos are quickly put together.

what are your thoughts honeysmack, sounding good next your ORGs?

Thanks HS

Itā€™s sounding good. Having tunable 707+727 sounds (and more 808/909 variants) is a great feature which was not present on the original boxes.

My 808/909/707/727/606 were bought at time when they were more affordable a very long time ago. The TR8 is a great way to get these sounds and the performance interface if one hasnā€™t already established a work flow with alternatives like a sampler or MD, OT, AR, MPC etc.

To be super fucking critical the TR8 doesnā€™t replace the originals - and itā€™s somewhat unfair to compare old to new as people have stated previously. But the TR8 comes as close to anything Iā€™ve heard in the last 25+ years. TR8 design also has the performance interface which is omitted on many new devicesā€¦ sounds might be easy to find but the interface a little more challenging and personal for some.

My ASR-10 is still pretty good though :wink:

Iā€™m not a fan of computers for composing or performance, but thatā€™s my thing/background. People will make their own choices, naturally!

thanks for the objective opinion HS

nothing will ever beat that asr-10 for sampling!!!

sell it to me if you ever want to get rid of it

This one I call techno

VERY FUCKING GOOD.

Honesymack what do you think about the new ā€œimproved kicksā€ in this update for the 808 and 909 ? . The new 808 kick sound very well for me but the new 909 kick sound a bit diferent right? , i mean the second 909 kick , i love the new 909 snare

Sounds great. Itā€™s totally subjective area as to what might be ā€˜betterā€™ - every person will have a different opinion. Genreally speaking more sounds = more scope.

VERY FUCKING GOOD.[/quote]
Thanks mate

VFG techno: because honeysmack was/is part of techno when Melbourne was the ā€œtechno cityā€