64 step problem w 16 step pickup machine

I want the song to be in 64 master steps but i want to be able to record pickup machines that are just 16 steps. it works if i start in 16 and then change to 64

when i use qrec as 16 i get those terrible quesstimates of the tempo and i don’t want those

the [track] + tempo button only works when already recorded

help?

1 Like

I didn’t try those settings but what about QPLAY set to 16?

ok i learned some more. if i press the rec button really close to the 1-beat it works out, but it will start tempo messing if i add an extra beat before the one. i don’t quite understand why, but ok

I’m still not sure what you want to achieve exactly… I have seen some of your other posts on different threads…
Here’s an example of Pickups that sync to sequencer:

I have my pickups set with qrec and qpl to plen. I have rlen set to max and use one2 mode to define loop length.
I always start the sequencer first which starts a beat on my Rytm and sets the tempo of the pu using these settings.
I press A/B during that first pattern cycle and because qrec is set to pattern length the pickup starts recording on the next pattern cycle.
I define my loop length by pressing C/D (because of one2 mode) either during the first pattern cycle or the second, which will define my loop as either 64 or 128 steps accordingly, because of qpl plen…
The loop is in perfect sync with the sequencer and no tempo change happens unless you try really high tempo over about 161, in which case the OT will half the tempo…
I don’t use the pickup Len for slave pu’s because I have found sometimes OT will change tempo if you record different length loops…
If you just want 16 step loops then set rlen to 16, and you don’t have to worry about pressing C/D to define loop length…
If you want the pickup to record quantize to the bar, then set qrec and qpl to 16…
Hope this helps, not sure if I addressed your specific case or not but might give you some ideas…
:okej:

3 Likes