60ms latency? Wow!

Bitwig is telling me the Heat is adding 60ms of latency into the audio path. I have both a RYTM and A4 and they both seem to amount to around 28ms (64 buffer / 75 margin).

I’ve had to use the Heat without Overbridge (for now). This happening to anyone else? Is this simply because the Heat & Overbridge are newer and require some refinements?

(EDIT: Forgot to add, running on current 27" Mac 10.12 w/ latest Overbridge & Overhub - i.e.: good specs - so don’t understand the poor performance :worried: )

KY

… so roughly double the latency of the A4 and the RYTM. This kind of makes sense to me if you are sending audio out to the analog heat for processing and then back into Bitwig. A two way trip for the audio.
I’m not defending overbridge … I gave up using it.

Yeah, it renders it unusable for me (and weirdly, it stopped my iconnectmidi4+ from sending midi on port 2).

So, it’s now plugged into my mixer and working analog style. Much better.

I love the potential of Overbridge but the latency is too much. Real shame.

KY

If Overbridge : Heat is for processing audio. You don’t care of the latency ! You don’t have to process on audio stream…

If it’s Live, you pass audio throught Heat it’s direct inside, return back the processed to PA
Same you don’t care.

it’s same if you buy a external reverb :wink:

1 Like

Don’t use your Analog Heat at the same time as your Overbridge Session. Use it when you have bounced everything. Or on Parts bounced for a more specific processing.

2 Likes

I hear you - though I often want to preview an effect in the context of other tracks - using Overbridge doesn’t allow me to do this. I will try to integrate it again when I have the time, but it’s current set up (as a send from my mixer) is working really well and I can send any hardware or software channel to it.

Yes you can… you buses signals from tracks to HEAT to hear what’s it can be… then you flatten where it needs. If this the only Overbridge device to deliver processing and no AR-A4 deliver audio streaming at the same time. Heat should work as expected. Don’t pull down your bandwidth with too much to process/calculate/returning … … + Sync expected that’s too much i guess

1 Like

Cool - I will try again but when I have some downtime. Thanks for your help.

I decided not to use it as a vst
In ableton, A4 and ar work fine. Audio is not processed inside ableton for me…
Only for compositional reasons and automation i use overbridge.
At the end it Goes through Ah

Little disappointing
But
As a master fx it is amazing

depending on your soundcard you could reroute to the soundcard like an external fx, thus the roundtrip is maybe only 10 ms. disable the audiochannel in ob and still use the vst pluging for the better interface . use the external fx on a send/return channel and decide what you send thru it.

I think this should be doable.

I think I 'm going to have to use it like this - how do you use OB as a controller without audio?

Any update on this using Overbridge 2.0? Cenk mentions there’s seems to be some sort of latency compensation.