44HP For Drums

Just bought my first little skiff with a Pico mixer included. Looking for experimental perc stuff. I know it’ll fill up fast! Leaning toward a Noise Engineering BIA, but looking for suggestions to build up a 44HP case

2 Likes

Yaya, down the modular route you go now… You likely need the pico output too. For sequencing your drums the pamela workout could be an option… The Drums itself I would have a look into modulargrid. They got some nice ideas over there…

Best,
jingo

2 Likes

I would recommend you to take a look at the SSF Entity,
thats the only drum module i have right now!

I had this idea of building a small drum skiff aswell, damn…! :smiley:

1 Like

I would consider Pamela’s new workout, Varigate 4, Basimilus iteritas and Intellijel Plonk. Or the pico and 2 hp drum modules.

In the end of this video is a nice example:

or here:

1 Like

I love them perfect circuit vids. their 54hp series too. :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Can’t beat a ES Disting Mk4 in a small case (or a few, even in larger setups too) does tons of useful stuff including drum synthesis and sample playback, as well as lots of utility stuff.

4 Likes

That was awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Researching now :slight_smile:

If this helps, my current humble rig consists of an OTMK2, A4MK2 and MicroMonsta. I really love this combo, bit kinda want to dip my toe in the eurorack thing and was looking for modules to do off kilter rhythmic stuff

pair the BIA with a lxd to roll of a little if the harsh top end for instant bongo sound.

A4 is great with modular! and OT together with something like an expert sleepers fh2 would give you a lot of additional sequencing and modulation power.

1 Like

What you don’t want to do is buy a bunch of drum modules and just trigger them. You need to modulate them effectively with CV otherwise there’s not much point.

You can easily get a whole drum track out of one CV modulated module.

Pams workout is good as it does 8 triggers and or CV signals in 8 hp with clock division etc.

I’m fond of the WMD Chimera. Noise Engineering stuff looks great but not tried.

I would also look closely at some of the more esoteric Noise engineering 4hp trigger type modules. There’s a few of them and if you can wrap your head around them I think they’d be great.

1 Like

That’s great to know! Now I just gotta figure out how to actually do it :slight_smile:

It’s certainly on the short list.

Will check it out, thanks!

To many great stuff out there . Some great tips mentioned already. For regular drums you might wanna check the Mutant drum series or TIPTOP audio range, Vermona twincussion is quite nice to modulate to madness and as mentioned Before the ES disting MK4 , LEP cassa for weird stuff and if your into more uncommon modules check
Errorinstruments shop. Mutable
Instruments Plaits has a nice set of percussion modes as well.

1 Like

So far, aside from my little 44HP case and pico mixer, I got a Noise BIA and Pam’s workout. Thinking the A4 will be involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

good choices :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t know! Got a long road ahead of me just figuring all this stuff out :slight_smile:

As of now, my little drum box consists of

Pico mixer (came with the case)- 3HP
Noise BIA- 10HP
Pam’s Workout- 8HP
Disting MK4- 4HP

Tempted to swap out the Pico for a 2HP mixer to gain a tiny bit of space. For now, effects will be handled by the A4 or OT, or both. Open to more experienced opinions for sure!

1 Like