12 Likes

But, AR would be largely enough :rofl:

1 Like

OT+Norand Mono+TR-8s

3 Likes

Octatrack
Machinedrum UW
Access virus TI

Would be ideal for straight techno (and pretty much anything else for that matter)
With both the MDUW and TI running into the inputs of the OT for sampling/mangling and the OT sending Midi notes and info to the TI in multitrack mode and with that one could right an an entire album and do live shows as well

1 Like

SH101/microbrute

op-1/analog four

octatrack/rytm

pick one of each and badabing badaboom

Old pics, but I often use the Elektron MKII “dark trinity” as a smaller setup:

!

My Moog Semi-Modular Studio 3 bundled was intended to be a 3 item setup, but another Mother-32 was added shortly after the purchase:

Both options are extremely different from a workflow standpoint, but are lots of fun in their own way.

5 Likes

From what I’ve got, not what I think I might like to have.

OT
Nord G2
Korg-ER-1

Boss BX16 mixer, fx: Empress Multidrive, H9 and a Klark compressor

Octatrack, Rytm, Virus Ti.
Or, 303 instead of Virus if it’s acid techno :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any examples of the Virus being used in your music?

1 Like

Not yet, still getting to grips with OT MIDI arp & Virus multi programs!

1 Like

Currently TB3, MPC One, A4. The MPCOne is so versatile, I’m running out of excuses to keep the A4 or buy a ST:scream:

The one.

1 Like

Swarm + TR8S seems a killer combo. What role does Digitakt have in that set-up, aside from routing?

I have such a setup now but I make House - I use an ESQ1, the Rytm and Octatrack for Drum and sample.

ESQ1 is kind of heavy for a live gig, probably not the best synth option but it sounds so good.

Lots of options/reasons. I use it for longer samples or more complex sample manipulation, the TR8s is mainly for shorter drum hits or stabs. I also use the Digitakt as as a kind of backing atmosphere track with infrequent hits that are sometimes totally wet long reverb just for an extra bit of interest. Also on Digitakt, it’s easier to have longer prepared sequences that TR8s, (256 & 512 steps). Sometimes I chain these too so I don’t actually have to touch the Digitakt, that’s all prep work though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been thinking on buying a Circuit Rythm and pair it to an east beast and maybe a Circuit Mono Station. The Rythm is so close to the Polyend Play (minus the MIDI sequencing) that I don’t get why doesn’t it get more love.

1 Like

Nava Extra 9
Octatrack
Syntakt

1 Like

About to try Akai Rythm Wolf, Korg Monotribe, and Korg Monologue all together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Please post the resulting jam. :+1:t2:

Just need adding monologue on top :slight_smile:
as soon as I find some more spare time to get it organised, hopefully

https://instagram.com/stories/fraktallatkarf/2922236108344467183?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=