3/4 to 4/4 and back again

Hi guys

I have to play some beats with different time signature going from 3/4 to 4/4 and back again at a fasion show.

I have my sound pr track(kick on T1, sn on T2 and so on) so I would be cool to switch between 3/4 and 4/4 when changing pattern.

I know that I can do that with Scale pr Track but I was wondering if there´s a time signature pr patters move to pull/ work aroundísh?

best

RKF

you can set the scale per track or on a per pattern basis, presumably you could then save a 3/4 pattern and chain with a 4/4 pattern - i’m unaware of any ninja moves to do scale changing beyond the Fn+Page one !

Thanks @avantronica

I´ll try to dig deeper into this, just wanted to know if somebody had a ninja up the sleeve.

Isn’t pattern chaining a ‘ninja move’ already? What more do you need? I use it a lot, for instance, to ‘mute’ a snare drum or create 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 whatever on the fly (having pattern changes synced to 4/16th instead of PLEN).

@MK7, hey it might be the greatest ninja of all time but I´m not familiar with the hole pattern chaining boogie.
Just asking out loud here and I will get back to the OT and try out the suggestions. I report back if in doubt. Thanks

And? How is it going? :wink:

Thanks Is going OK and as usual learning new stuff and covering some of the withe spots on the OT mind map.
Got some patterns in 4/4 and some in 3/4 going and I think it´s gonna work alright.

Are you using the 4/16 Pattern change sync setting to be able to change more instant?

thanks for the help and sugstions and ninja boogie+

Nice to hear that.

@4/16 sync: yes, but this needs more clicks/interaction with the machine and proper timing of your fingers. I set 4/16 everywhere, recording quantization, playback quantization etc. However, I think that PLEN pattern changes and a mix between patterns with 4/4 and 3/4 settings will already provide you with what you requested (result-wise).

Can anyone go into detail on how to set up a track’s sequencer for 3/4 time?

I can only get one bar to play at 3/4 time by setting the track to 12/16.

When I try to then set it up for a 4 bar pattern using 3/4 timing i set 48/64 and would expect each of the four pages to be 12 steps. Instead it gives me only 3 pages of 16 steps. This means i have to rearrange the trigs and then the first beat of the second, third, and fourth bar have to be in an odd place on the sequencer (not the first trig of the page).

Am I going about this the wrong way?

You do indeed have to rearrange your trigs if the pattern is more than a bar long. Of course, there is the workaround to use just one-bar patterns and chain them together…