2nd hand OT bug? Pre-purchase query

Can anyone comment on this? Looking at buying a 2nd hand OT.

…sounds honest…

but on my ot’s, an mk1 and an mk2, the input lights only flash once there’s an input signal…

…i’d trust this guy, if the price is truuly reasonable…
…and since the input impedance was raised a bit for the mk2 version, it’s quite possible, that if the power is not 100% accurate, the inputs might flash a little bit…even without truu input…

…if something’s wrong here…than it’s no bug but a hardware thing…
but as said, that guy sounds ok so far…and if he used the inputs already successfully, it should be all ok…
if not…elektron service is doing a good job…

1 Like

It could be that whichever project you’re on has a recorder listening to the inputs and maybe there’s enough noise or static to cause the input lights to start flashing? It might not be a bug, just user error. One thing I experience at times is one of my input LED’s (Input B maybe) will get “stuck” fully lit red. It doesn’t seem to affect recordings as far as I can tell. It’s a bit of a pain though.

1 Like

How old is the OT? Still under warranty?

1 Like

This is a known hardware issue on earlier mkII’s, it does not affect performance and if you always have cables plugged in, it doesn’t happen.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

…i can even confirm now…it’s no problem at all…

just finshed setting up new live rig case for upcoming season…

oto bisquit output will feed c and d input…and even with no input signal feed, i have some low flickering on the input indicators now…so…no worries…that unit should be fine…

1 Like

Not a good example. Inputs CD particularly appreciate crunchy biscuits as food. They just express their happiness with leds. :meh:

3 Likes

I have this problem and I’ve been putting it off getting sorted, it’s some sort of coating or something inside the inputs of the earlier versions of the mk2s, it’s covered under warranty but I’ve been putting off sending my little OT away. It actually stops doing it if you plug and unplug something into the jack

2 Likes

I had this issue too. It became annoying and it couldn’t be resolved at home, so I sent mine in for repair (under warranty - it might be worth checking where you stand on that). Great service btw.

Other issues I’ve had with the MkII: a pair of noisy inputs (minor, but noticeable) and the REC led (under the button) didn’t flash during live record. The noisy inputs were fixed by clearing the ram (with an empty reset), which made no sense to me but it worked, and the flashing REC light was fixed with a firmware update.

Does anyone know of a DIY fix for this issue for us that have a unit out of warranty?