26-12-21: A repeat broadcast of Channel FREQ's Winter Solstice at Repeater Radio (featuring Scot Solida and No Masters + many more)

I never did see GWAR, mind…

1 Like

@Scot_Solida on at 22:00 GMT, people…

Get in there!

Taking the Auspices, parts 1 - 5

Scot Solida played 7-course lute, lyre, hammered dulcimer, harmonium, acoustic bass guitar, tape loop, Haken Continuum, 110U modular synthesizer, Moog Model 10, Mellotron Micro, EMS VCS3, ARP 2600, Ibanez electric guitar (part 2), Tibetan bowls, bells, gong, damaru, tingsha, zangs dung, rkang dung, Azzam Bells MPA-019, Symbolic Sound Corporation Kyma, Elektron Analog Keys, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 rev 3.2, acoustic drums with Polyend Percs (sequenced by Polyend Tracker), metal pipe.

Har played electric guitars on part 4

Also, there was an owl.

2 Likes

And if Scot Solida live isn’t enough, then what about @Fin25 using samples of his Moog Model 10…?

1 Like

Awesome job @Fin25. Just listening now on Bandcamp. (Not had chance to hear @Scot_Solida’s work yet, but his samples are surely up to the task.)

3 Likes

The whole event from start to finish should be repeated on 26 December, and then archived on MixCloud too.

And just to say thanks hugely to @Scot_Solida and @Fin25 for their amazing back-to-back sessions - the whole day was a huge undertaking with a wide variety of styles represented throughout, and theirs were standouts in a line-up of superb quality (especially Xylitol’s thoroughly bonkers kosmische junglism in the wee hours of the night.

3 Likes

Everything I heard was really good.

Super high quality stuff.

I’d really like to have another listen to a few bits, as @Scot_Solida’s set was kinda killed for me by my selfish little bastard children needing looking after. The pricks.

Also, have to confess that I fell asleep 3/4 of the way through your set @DoS, but what I heard was fantastic.

2 Likes

Agreed - I usually don’t listen to sessions before they are broadcast as I prefer to hear them fresh along with everyone else, so the quality was as much a revelation to me too. I’ve worked with pretty much everyone on the bill either live or in session before though, so I knew I could count on everything sounding great.

Thanks very much - I really wasn’t sure how it would sound to ears other than mine… and I nodded off on headphones towards the end of Xylitol, then woke up during mine with a start, wondering what the hell I was listening to before dropping off again. Really glad you liked it, and I’ll put my session on Bandcamp after the 26th as well, I reckon.

3 Likes