2019 - project(s) forecast? Music, skills, DIY,

…also take better care of myself including getting in better shape and kicking my social media habit.

6 Likes

Working on two ep’s in different genre’s and putting together a live set.

Get a promotion or a new job.

Get fit and meditate.

4 Likes

How do you think this whole “music” mess started? :smile:

1 Like

If I had to guess, I’d have to say Phil Collins :smiley:

2 Likes

Change the strings of my martin guitar

3 Likes

Be careful with what you wish for :nerd_face:

I already wanted to add visual elements to my set up, and now op-z has me jonesin’ for a projector, so early 2019 will be about getting that together.

Otherwise, continuing down the path is all I’ve got planned.

1 Like
  1. Finish up new album.
  2. Make a few acoustic treatment panels.
  3. Sell some stuff.
  4. Do some digital organizing. (thin out samples, presets, unused vst, etc.)
1 Like
  1. find a new job. My contract ends end of January. Pretty sad, I’ve loved my colleagues
  2. I finished two albums + 1 album with my new band. So my main goal is to push these releases, which is not an easy thing to do
  3. Playing more gigs solo and with band
  4. Getting better at making videos
  5. Staying with my setup. Hopefully not buying new stuff, rather selling some more things
  6. Finally getting some singing lessons. Something I wanted to do for a long time.
  7. Maybe starting to meet girls again, since it seems that my 2 years lasting heartbreak might be finally over
7 Likes

Download overbridge 2.0 in order to multitrack record the stuff I created on the digitakt and make full tracks. Hopefully elektron will soon help me to accomplish my goal soon😯.

2 Likes
  • Survive NAMM, Messe and Sooperbooth without GASing and ordering

• Stick with my downsized homestudio setup and learn it in and out to start producing for a Project i have in mind now for years.

• Start using that Zoom H2n i bought two years ago and Feed the Digitakt

• Feed Microtonic VST loops into the Digitakt

• Do at least spend every other day quality time with my wife and my Girls

• Keeping my health in Check, better food, less sugar, less Beer

• Excercise at least every other day on my new Xmas Gift …a Hometrainer

3 Likes
  • no big synths, just the Neutron
  • outboard (dynamics)
  • finishing tracks … or lets say, removing all the crap
  • making videos --> youtube
  • getting a girlfriend (its time!!)
  • finishing my post-graduate education, start a new one
  • try to establish new social connections, i moved to my old town after 15 years, i don’t know anyone
  • increase my healthiness (problems with my back) aka doing sports

well, quite a lot

2 Likes

too many posts about NOT buying new gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but not me. i’m definitely going to buy Squarp Pyramid and vastly improve the portability of my gig rig.

also would like to buy some modern shiny piece of gear, like Deluge or Digitone.

and of course it would be great to satisfy my necrophilic urges buying Roland SH-32, Yamaha DX-200, probably Yamaha AN-200 … and Roland MC-505 to complete the holy trinity of the great grooveboxes of their golden era.

at last, it’s not obligatory to use everything at once :grinning:

RS7000 and MC909 were the pinnacle

1 Like

I’d never soldered anything but jumped in the deep end with an x0xb0x diy kit… it actually works😎 after discovering parts I’d soldered upside down or wrong way round.

For me it’s to Finnish the studio space in my new gaff, make some tracks with said machine, exercise more, and drink less!

2 Likes

Nah, it’s a necessity, thats for sure :wink: I have hopes that it will work in 2019 - its an uneven year, and uneven years are always better than even ones :smiley:

1 Like

• Help my wife get her business up-and-running
• Pass the work exam I’ve been studying for
• Take my health and fitness routine to the next level
• Get our home office / studio set up
• Spend more time with my dogs
• Get a regular guitar practice routine going
• Finish an EP, beat tape, or album
• Live more simply, stress less, and enjoy life

6 Likes

Biggest goal is to get through my last year of uni and (finally) graduate. Be kinda nice to find a nice Adventist wife too. Plus a bunch of other personal goals.

2 Likes

i will continue to stare at my cold, non-OB enabled digitakt sitting on the shelf for 2019

Perhaps you could throw the occasional rotting vegetable at it? Make it really feel the shame…

2 Likes