2019 - project(s) forecast? Music, skills, DIY,

№ 1: performing live at some local events (as one-man project).

№ 2: starting to work on a debut release (it’s more likely to be actually released in 2020).
what’s uncommon about it is that all material is meant to be recorded live, and then properly mixed & mastered.

2 Likes
  • it
  • looks
  • clean
  • but
  • maybe
  • a
  • bit
  • too
  • much

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll be perfecting my form over the year… :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve got vocal narrations I recorded at the end of 2017. My goal is to finally finish up my avant garde audio-play, after I get me a new job

4 Likes
  1. I want to become more acquainted with some of the gear I already have. In particular the MD A4 & Nord Drum 2. I feel these are 2 really powerful devices I have only just scratched the surface with.

2. Also I want to learn how to use Ableton properly. I sometimes multitrack audio into it and add fx and automation etc but I haven’t took the time to become efficient.

3 Likes

I want to memorize at least one movement of one of the Bach Six Sonatas & Partitas for Solo Violin… on the guitar. Been working on the first half of the Double movement of BWV 1002 (Partita No. 1) and making very slow but steady progress, so it’s actually doable. There’s just something about playing Bach’s music that ramps up my guitar playing technique more than the usual picking exercises. This stuff just delivers so much value for the time investment - 1 hour spent on it delivers more than 100 hours on “guitar grimoire” type scale exercises - though it does help if one actually enjoys the music. I’ve also taken some stabs at playing it on electric violin, but progress is even slower on that - having to play in tune and and bow with decent tone poses additional challenges.

Learn how to use the Metamodule and probability “effect” in Sunvox.

Finish a song or two I’ve been working on.

3 Likes

Machinedrum + Ableton will work together quite finely.

If you have M4L, there’s a device that links to every parameter for every track- basically a Ableton interface for your MD

2 Likes
  • Launch a new startup / or find a job somewhere
  • Actually write/produce some music (It’s been way too long)
  • Do some remixes for people.
  • Sell most of my gear.
  • Play a live gig.
  • Do stuff.
  • And things.
9 Likes

Moving to a new town for the first time in 20y, hopefully a new look on projects due to that. With that, some room for a small workshop to finish some DIY projects like my Axoloti<>Eurorack module and a number of 3d printing ventures (custom panels/mounts/brackets etc). Also some ventures into embedded/FPGA and math (help me) for my own digital synth design.

2 Likes

Good luck w/ the career stuff! Searching for a job myself. To that end I want to get my name on open-source stuff.

1 Like

Not open source; but new startup might be of interest.

IF I do it / pull it off; would (should) be of interest to everyone on this forum.

1 Like

Finish one song. Just. One. Song.

Meet up at least once with other local (and local-ish) Elektronauts (you know who you are! :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

Oh sure, when I said open-source I mean that in my own job search, I’ve found quite a few employers are looking for candidates who have contributed to open-source. I was referred to Git repos for RubyForGood and projects like that to look at.

I didn’t mean Mr. Rusty has to open-source his stuff :wink:

1 Like

Win lotto
Buy a deserted island
Be fed fruit and beer by numerous scantily clad women

4 Likes

Get a job :frowning:

I’m moving to Toronto this summer. Starting to research motion design jobs there. Hopefully I find something quickly.

2 Likes

Have you heard of EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC? Using that genre philosophy, you can just fiddle around for 30-60 minute, record what you land on, and then you have a song.

If it’s not very good, it’s not that it’s “not very good”, it’s that it’s EXPERIMENTAL!

(I’ve been using that method for YEARS) :smiley:

9 Likes

2019 Goals:

• Finding a new Girlfriend
  • Start making Videos on Youtube again
  • Finding a new Girlfriend
7 Likes

I think 2019 for me is a momentum building year so that 2020 can be kick ass.

Ultimately I’d like to start doing more shows, and work toward a new album release with a label.

2 Likes

Honing python skills while finishing some customer jobs

Making more “dull” music :wink:

Caring for my kids and wife

Losing some weight

May all come good into 2019 :), all the best!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes