20 seconds if my live hardware set today

Took my Octatrack, Digitakt, Digitone, Syntakt, Micromonsta2, and iPad out to Fairmount Park in Philadelphia today to play some tunes with the crew from Substratum. The OT acted as the brain, mixer for the DN and DT, and played some loops. The DN and MM2 handled melodies, and the DT was all the drums and such. I also played 2 songs using just the Syntakt, which is quickly becoming a favorite box. Next step is to see if I can do without the OT so I can slim the setup down. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

15 Likes

Sounds great, looks like you’re having a blast up there.

1 Like

I need to make a transport control guard. I hit the stop button accidentally twice.

1 Like

Nice! And I like that wooden Digibox.

2 Likes

I’ll be building a new one to house the DN, ST, DT, too. Haha. I love boxes.

2 Likes

Looks like great fun. What did you use for the juice?

I’m going to start asking this question of everyone playing live - how do you have the OT setup? Master track & if so which effects? How do you deal with Parts?

I’m actually thinking of dropping the OT from the live setup. It’s kind of a hassle. I have a serious love hate relationship with it.

I have tracks 7 and 8 set up as thru machines from the DT and DN. Tracks 1-6 are for loops that I recorded from external gear. Now that I have the Syntakt, though, I want to rewrite those parts as best as possible on there and leave the OT for studio use.

1 Like