2 techno tracks to end the year with a bang (AR, MD, AH, Xone96,...)

My first 2 tracks mixed and recorded via the Xone:96. Having much fun with this thing! Channels are maxed out and my gear acquisition philosophy is now: if I can’t make good techno with this set it’s not more gear that’s gonna fix that :smiley:

Synths: AR2, MD2, Circuit Mono Station
FX: AH, AD, Space, H9, LPB2ube

One take live recordings.

4 Likes

Very very nice! Can you explain where the AH and AD are located in the signal chain?

Sure, my routing is this:

Circuit Mono Station > Analog Drive > Ch1
AR > Ch2
MD > LPB2ube > Ch3
AH > Ch4
Space > Return A
H9 > Rtn B

Send 1 > Space
Send 2 > H9
Phones 2 > AH (using this headphones out as a 3rd aux send)

1 Like

Thank you!

Nice tracks dtr. Like the aggressive vibe. I do have the feeling they are both overcooked a bit. Might be a taste thing, but I feel the transients are almost non existant. First guess would be some clashing frequencies and too much distortion/compression.

Hope this is constructive. Like the tracks

Thanks. I agree that the mixes or overall sound needs work. Misses some sparkle. I’ll keep that in mind for further iterations/tracks.

Nice tracks!

Do you use a (flight) case for your setup? Mine is quite similar and I´m looking for something easy handling.

Don t tell anyone but for the 2 very nearby gigs that i had with this set i stuffed it in a cardboard moving box :smile:

I do have a custom made flightcase for the mixer. I rent it out too.

I better improve this transport situation this before i get serious about gigging… hints welcome!

Was thinking about like this:

But it is way too heavy. I just want to plug as less cables as possible…

1 Like

I don’t mind plugging cables and wouldn’t go for such an all-in-one case. Even if just because of the many steep stairs I’d have to go up and down with it to my studio attic room :smile:

I’d go for a pelican case-like solution. Whenever possible I would also request the host venue to provide the Xone:96 mixer so I don’t have to bring it.

1 Like

Good point. Will search for a light (Peli) case/ trolley with removable deck where only Elektron boxes (AR, A4 mk2, DN, AH) and FX-Pedals (Nemesis, Ventris, Möbius) are fitted in and ready to play.