2 synth techno setup

I’m going to try DT+A4, but another good combo would be MPC One+virus

1 Like

Real challenge is a techno setup that doesn’t use drum machines/samplers/grooveboxes/etc, anyone can make techno burners on a 909 and a 303. Two slots of a Nord Modular would be my pick.

14 Likes

I’m not saying it’s ideal necessarily but I’ve gotten years of use out of the combination of korg er1 and dsi evolver.

2 Likes

It depends which techno you mean :smiley:
If we talk about 80s then my ‘in a few days’ setup would be enough

model:samples + roland jx-08 :headphones:

With the new song mode your hands would be free for the Perkons so yes great set up.

OT and digitone, been my most loyal setup, great for production or improvisation.

1 Like

That’s a possibility but i wouldn’t use song mode in a live situation myself tbh. I want to put my hands on both machines as much as possible :wink:

4 Likes

Single slot on MicroModular can actually work wonders itself ^^

1 Like

New song mode doesn’t mean you won’t get your hands dirty, unless it is very different to Machinedrum or OT song mode…I’m still pending to check the info regarding update :slight_smile:

As usual, is the use you make of it and I can think of many different ways to use song mode while tweaking lots of parameters.

1 Like

Certainly, you can still twiddle knobs, mutes etc. Not saying song mode is not useful in a life situation, just that i won’t be using it for that right now as it’s a more free flow way of performing currently :).

However, any of the digi sized boxes plus any other instrument, be it guitar, bass, a synth or otherwise will be a great setup and song mode definitely made them a more viable option

1 Like

Sure, I’m also thinking of a way to have an order, or at least a layout that you can follow if needed, but also a way to claim and report that you played certain tracks at a venue or festival, claim your performance “author” rights, and get paid for it :slight_smile: as some organisation may ask for that and that may support your claim clearly :wink:
(As far as those tracks are registered already)

OT + Drum Maschine (AR,DT, TR8S)

Digitakt + microfreak ia a favourite combo of mine.

Digitakt and BS2 also works well.

Digitakt + mpc (one/live/x)

For techno:
2 box setup = OT & rytm
3 box setup = 2 plus virus or evolver
4 box setup = 2 plus two of 303, mic/pedals, tetra

Some are synths and some are not :slight_smile:

1 Like

12 Likes

I reckon most people have seen these items before.

1 Like

You’re probably right. I’m a visual person, just like to see the setups, my bad.

I’m so happy not seeing photos here actually, just a bit fed up of people taking more time taking pictures of their setup than actually switching it on and making some tracks :slight_smile:

You have no proof they aren’t making plenty of music in between snapping a few pics.

5 Likes