2 synth techno setup

We’ve had ‘3 synth techno’ and ‘minimal viable EMOM’ setup threads and so I thought we should go for the deadly duo techno setup. I always hear that a 909 and a 303 is enough to rock the room, so what is your version of this classic? What is your chosen weapons?

Since I imagine the OT will dominate, maybe we should have 2 versions, with and without the OT.

1 Like

MPC X and Akai Force.

Very minimal feature sets.

1 Like

Nice, almost as minimal as Abelton on a laptop with Bitwig on a desktop, syncing them with a well timed tandem click on play of course

3 Likes

Currently using RYTM and OCTA in a rack case. id use more, but with a couple send effects taking up the rest of the OCTA inputs, its actually not possible to run anything else through.
Works well though, forces me to squeeze everything i can out of the two

3 Likes

You know you can say the same about hardware synths vs VSTs.

OT and Nord Lead 3 Rack.

4 outs into 4 ins. Fx, mixing, sequencing, MIDI LFOs, samples, looping.
Powerful combo.

9 Likes

OT
Pērkons

or

DN
Pērkons

1 Like

Syntakt and Quadrantid Swarm will be mine if I ever sit down and actually start doing it.

1 Like

OT and Minikorg 700fs

2 Likes

I read on another thread here that techno was simple music any ways.

Rytm + OT / Rytm + DN

I’d really want a 3 synth setup though and have something like

Rytm + OT + PERfourMER

1 Like

I have already used in the past the Machinedrum sps1 mk2 along with a Blofeld, but I’m lining towards nowdays more to something like a Nord microModular and a Monologue?

I would say those two together can make a killing techno team :wink:

*Watch also out for a combo like the Microfreak and Monotribe / always a big fan of small setups

1 Like

DT+DN
ST+DN
ST+DT
A4+AR
TR-8S+Waldorf M
TR-8S+Insert 303 of choice here…

OT + Virus

2 Likes

Perkons + Digitakt

It would contain all that’s needed really. Main out and one seperate voice into digitakt. And go

4 Likes

Erica Techno System (changed half of it tho)

Norand Mono

Thats actally all gear I still have, sold RYTM and OT this year x)

3 Likes

TR8-S + a synth
OT + a synth

Or TR8-S + OT

The problem with all of the above is my interpretation of the word synth… none of them are 2 synth set ups.

1 Like

Oora Music makes amazing music with the OT and PerFourmer.

1 Like

I’m gonna throw down some Arturia on yo asses…

MiniBrute 2S and DrumBrute Impact.

5 Likes

Apr 2600m Digitone