1st Trigger Button Issue

Hello folks,

happy to join the Octatrack MKII club, what a beast it is. Hoping to integrate with my modular to get some live-loop/sampling fun. Just had the unit about a week and played with it maybe twice. Last night when really digging in and trying to record some loops from the modular I noticed that my 1st trigger button seems to be inconsistent. I can hit the button and nothing happens some of the time while other presses sometimes turns the trigger off, so obviously that is no good when it comes to performance as I found out last night.

I have already emailed the shop I purchased asking for a replacement (but to hold onto the current unit until the new one is here so I can keep getting familiar with the functionality of this beast). Just wondering how common something like this is?

Cheers.

Ypsi Kid

Sounds a little bit like it may even be the button catching on the side - that was often reported on these new square button devices (starting with DT) - the way through it was to use the buttons as it would ease up through friction - the button cap can be removed if it needed a bit of dressing - if it’s the switch itself (which relates more to the way you have described it) then this has not been reported often if at all even - more likely to occur after a spillage/debris etc

Thanks for the response man, appreciate it! Yeah, I also own a Digitakt and have had no issues with button sticking. Sounds like it is mechanical and the problem lies with the switch, completely hit and miss when you press it. And this has only ever been in the box and my studio, never around anything that could damage it.

Oh well, sounds like I have a defective switch, just waiting for vendor to contact me about replacement options given it’s a week old. Thanks again for the insight.

Ypsi Kid

1 Like

Shop has ordered a replacement for me. I get to keep using this unit until the new one arrives so I can continue to wrap my head around this beast!

Cheers.

Ypsi.

2 Likes

Quick update on this as I’ve been having nothing but bad luck with OT’s. Head to the store to pick up my replace,net, get home and fine out that the LCD screen had a burnt in image on the screen (thank s for given me the store demo, Jesus). So back to the store I go and take back the other one with the trigger button issue and get another new one ordered. Low and behold that comes in this weekend, and yup, after opening it (brand new), there is a friggin scratch on the LCD screen - nothin crazy but if I spend $2k on a new unit, I want a new unit with no issues.

So I have to try and take is one back to get a replacement. Here’s hoping this one hasn’t no issues.

Loving the unit, just frustrated with three bad units in a row, never had this happen to me when buying gear.

Jeez.

1 Like

Yeah had a loose screw in mine had to get a replacement, frustrating when you a spending so much on something , but I finally got a good one… the final inspection on elektron gear needs to be improved with all the returns, probably would save them a lot of money too

Are you sure it’s not just on the plastic film? had that on mine but peeling it off there was no scratch

2 Likes

I also saw what looked like a scratch on an oled but was definitely just a line/seam within the protective film.

Good call on the plastic film as I haven’t taken that off yet. Didn’t look like there was any film on it, but I’ll check today - cheers!

Yeah man that’s hopefully all it is. mine had scratches on the film also.

Glad I checked on the forum, you guys were right! Was the plastic film covering the LCD - removed that and bam, nice new unblemished LCD!!

2 Likes