14.06.23 - Bristol, UK - Tikoda // Single Launch

Hey all! This Wednesday I’m launching my debut solo single with a night at Dareshack in Bristol.

I’ll be performing live with the RytmMkII and 1010 Blackbox and live audio-reactive visuals and lighting.

I’m also showcasing my MA work in designing sound effects in MaxMSP for multi-channel immersive audio (in this case d&b Soundscape, 16-channel surround), and giving 3 other artists the tools to improvise with these effects live while they perform their music - the genres go from a capella folk to vocal/synth ethereal improvisation, to ambient/soundscape ambisonic noise experiments, to techno to 150 free-party inspired tek-ish madness (that’s me!).

It starts at 7.30 pm and finishes at a very respectable 11 pm.

Here’s the event link, but do message me for a cheap link if you want :slight_smile:

hdfst.uk/E90349

10 Likes

This looks v. interesting, if I was in Bristol i would be there, I have 2 daughters who are students in Bristol at the moment who might well be into this so i will message them a link

2 Likes

@Claid and @muied_lumens may be interested :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I am interested, thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

As am I, thanks for the headsup. :slight_smile:

It’s tonight! Shameless bump :slight_smile:

Do message me for a pay what you feel link if the price is prohibitive!

Wow that was totally incredible :octopus:

Little clips here for those interested

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtgVZatsQ8K/?igshid=ZWQyN2ExYTkwZQ==

4 Likes

Oh man, I live in Bristol but missed this! (To be honest I was working past midnight anyway).

Looks like a brilliant night - just checked your insta stories and given you a follow :grinning:

1 Like

Appreciated! I’m also often working til late and miss a lot because of it. I’ll endeavour to do an even later slot next time 🫠

1 Like

Out now! Would love yer feedback :slight_smile:

Fellow Bristolian here. That was great - I loved the production on it, and when the beat comes in, it REALLY comes in!

2 Likes

Thanks! The core sound/most of the structure is all done on Analog Rytm MkII, and then I’ve taken the stems and worked with a producer to add some extra sauce and tidy up certain frequencies so it knocks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, the Rytm sounds great on record!

Here’s the documentation of my performance - its the whole set and mixed binaurally to give an impression of the spatial effects. it’s not mastered at all as its partially for academic use so to be as true as possible to the original performance. It would be great to hear your feedback!

1 Like