$10k Octatrack modified

You should come over to the Octatrack sound quality thread.

6 Likes

Ahem.

That’s where he’s been all week.

Scale of industry. There’s obviously an interest but not enough large scale interest for top-end converters to justify the cost of R&D, retooling, and maintaining the product line.

Better to just eventually readdress the quality in a newer product line.

If you paid for “boutique” upgrades that neither pros nor “hipsters” are biting on perhaps the hipster lies within :slight_smile:

Seriously though, what’s the highest bid or offer you’ve rejected so far for it?

I can’t remember if anyone bid at all. I’m sure if it was $3,000 or more I would have remembered it.

1 Like

If the converters are really good, then why is their such a long discussion about how good they are? The digitakt may sound better in most ways but I can hear that I would still rather rely on a modular where possible which is still what I need to do with my modified MPC X. Maybe I haven’t had the MPC long enough. Things I recorded to track sounded GREAT with the mod(not drums yet). I haven’t sampled any single sounds into it yet. The demo’s did not impress me in some ways. I got scared when I heard it!

I can organise that for you. For a price of course.

1 Like

For that kind of money just buy an Eventide Orville / H8000 / H9000 and strap it permanently across all four outputs/inputs.

Would run circles around any modifications you could even imagine doing to the Octatrack; and gives you awesome convertors, adat, sp/dif, fully modular, routing, programmable etc etc.

2 Likes

I don’t see how that could improve a dry sound much but if you drench it in effect, might be good for dram pop or something.

World clock?

I think I have an app for that…

Word yo

2012?