1.30 Mega thread

That’s pimp, do you have a link to your sound cloud or somewhere with more sounds like this?[/quote]
http://www.soundcloud.com/adamjay

This sounds GREAT!
Thanks Elektron!!!

Awesome. Just downloaded everything. Once again, you all are geniuses. Most excited about the noise engine and hoping to make some bass synths out of the new synth engines.

Thanks guys!

thank you so much. just what i needed. sitting in a cafe at koh tao with wifi and had a listen. really looking fwd to the new machines. awesome sound as usual mr j.

Boom! who expected a leap this big for the Rytm? Big smiles & Thanks :slight_smile:

Love the sounds being generated on the Elektron video, as well as your quick demo AdamJay.

The melodic synthesis possibilities are very impressive sounding indeed.

where are the individual output in overbridge?..did i miss something?

I’ve always wanted a drum machine that could do serious bass as well, and now this is it. I love way some of these machines warp with overdrive too. Thanks all around!

My machine does have a gremlin in it though. There is erratic behaviour when saving sounds. Different names may appear - but more consistently the character between the empty space and the “A” (which I think is new) - causes serious display random jitter. It also pushes the letters around. I don’t remember this happening before, and I always use the machine, haven’t used Overbridge yet.

Not crucial, but probably something that will get fixed soon.

Switch them on with Overbridge control panel application.

Then, if using Live, configure like so:

1.30 is great! Got one question thingy; when i have a cowbell metallic setting with 0 detune and then mix detune in & out, each time when i’m back at zero detune i get slightly different timbres for the main osc. Including a super nice one, an elastic sound, like you hear in kung-fu movie.
I’m not sure if it’s even supposed to behave like that, but i think it’s fantastic. Only thing is that it doesn’t (seem to) save the “detune result” (dunno if it’s meant to?)

edit not entirely sure if it saves or not but it is fresssh. Sounds like different pwm settings. Makes it sound like an 101

https://soundcloud.com/noe-clu/overbridge-freestyle

Just recorded this. First recording with zero pops/cracks. I added in the noise generator and the BD Plastic synth, which the plastic synth sounds freakin awesome, and when you mix it with another synth sample it sounds even cooler. Really excited about this stuff!

RIGHT?! This update could not have come at a better time cause I really needed a cymbal for a pattern. These HHs and CYs are just delicious. From whiplash crash to angelic rings. Those 3 components are nutso. So flexible.
Original AR -> individual 8 track send/return over USB -> trig insanity + LFoM -> a second AR
I can’t…I can’t even process…

Your stuff always makes me want to buy an AR! Really nice. Update looks/sounds great.

Perfect for detuning!!

Best I’ve heard in awhile. Like a long while. Is this AR only?

is this AR only? where are the “voice” coming from?

thanks Elektron, can’t wait to try out the new machines. i love the RYTM, but primarily for its sample capability. i’m hoping these new machines will bring me back to using the analog sounds.

quick query - i’ve never had to update my RYTM before. should i back up my data, or am i good to jump in and update? i’m worried about loosing my previous work.

As painful as it can be, backup is something that you should do for things you would be really pissed of to loose.
Make sure you load and save an empty project before updating, in case the current project is messed up.
Now in my case the update was really smooth :slight_smile:

@yentz: nice Koh Tao!! I like Thailand too. Just came back from the Songkran festival in Chiang Mai and Phuket. Did you went diving in Koh Tao? Btw. I would never want to know about an Elektron update while I´m traveling :joy:

Adam that has been the most inspirational thing for me too, made a complete track yesterday with that method inspired by the demo vid and took the starting points from one of the demo patches. Ive been trying to get that sound for ages and got close but it just seems to work perfectly with the impulse/fm method. Trig lock the shit out parameters and you get such a complex bleepy modular sounding sequence! I was that hooked i still need to try out some of the other machines.

i would skip the obvious excitement about the update, it’s beyond brilliant and i’m finally fully happy with what rytm has become.

just a quick question tho:

how do i ping the resonant filter with the impulse machine? if i understand correctly, there’s a possibility to use the impulse engine to ping the filters inside the machine? i get how i can ping external modules and everything, but i can’t seem to figure out how to ping elektron’s filters.